Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum European Delivery Question

09-03-2019, 01:17 PM   #1
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
European Delivery Question

My apologies if this has been answered before.

I recently put down an order for a 2020 X5 for my wife (our first bmw), and now i've got the itch to replace my 2016 infiniti q50 RS400 sometime in the near future. I originally bought the car and am currently wishing I had leased it instead.

Anyway, I'm very interested in potentially doing European delivery, but was curious as to people's experience in terms of getting a discount off MSRP. I'm seeing multiple posts about 10-12% off on the m340, but is that also possible to do on a ED order or am I limited to the standard 4-5% off that is included with the ED program?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 03:38 PM   #2
cantona7
Private
Rep
Drives:

Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to get as good a deal on an ED car these days. If you have a good relationship with a dealer, you might get them to go lower than the 4% ED discount. But even so, you can't stack other incentives with ED any more. I just tried to do this myself and that's the answer I was getting. Ended up just doing a regular order for regular delivery. Hopefully, someone who's done ED on an M340i can chime in. Also, note that if you're thinking of doing ED this year, Germany requires snow tires on cars if you're picking up after October 15. Unless you're only planning on driving around Munich for a day or two, this can get pretty expensive (you have to rent the tires).
Appreciate 1
wtwo317864.00
      09-04-2019, 04:05 PM   #3
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantona7 View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to get as good a deal on an ED car these days. If you have a good relationship with a dealer, you might get them to go lower than the 4% ED discount. But even so, you can't stack other incentives with ED any more. I just tried to do this myself and that's the answer I was getting. Ended up just doing a regular order for regular delivery. Hopefully, someone who's done ED on an M340i can chime in. Also, note that if you're thinking of doing ED this year, Germany requires snow tires on cars if you're picking up after October 15. Unless you're only planning on driving around Munich for a day or two, this can get pretty expensive (you have to rent the tires).
Thanks for the response. That's unfortunate, and considering people are easily getting upwards of 10% off, definitely not worth picking the car up in Europe and losing out on an additional 6%.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 11:38 AM   #4
Friedo225
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

I am doing ED, picking up my M340i on September 25th. The automatic discount off of MSRP is 5%, and I was able to negotiate about 2.5% lower than that. As the previous poster said, the incentives are no longer available on ED, so I didn't get the loyalty or BMWFS incentives, which would have been good for about another 3 - 3.5% off. I am pretty certain you can get a better deal on a domestic delivery because of the incentives - but you miss out on driving your car on the Autobahn, and of being assured of getting a German build
Appreciate 1
wtwo317864.00
      09-05-2019, 12:31 PM   #5
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedo225 View Post
I am doing ED, picking up my M340i on September 25th. The automatic discount off of MSRP is 5%, and I was able to negotiate about 2.5% lower than that. As the previous poster said, the incentives are no longer available on ED, so I didn't get the loyalty or BMWFS incentives, which would have been good for about another 3 - 3.5% off. I am pretty certain you can get a better deal on a domestic delivery because of the incentives - but you miss out on driving your car on the Autobahn, and of being assured of getting a German build
Congrats on your order! Upload some pics of your experience when you go out there!

For me personally, I love the idea of ED, but to drop $3k worth of incentives is just a bit too steep for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 01:30 PM   #6
Friedo225
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Thanks, and I will post pics at some point. I was already going to be in Europe for a vacation anyway, and it was time to get a new car with my 550 approaching 115k miles, so the timing worked out perfectly and made it an easy decision to do ED.
Appreciate 1
wtwo317864.00