BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Checkout this CPO report. Concerns?

08-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #1
gagala
Rep
Drives: yugo

Checkout this CPO report. Concerns?

Hey guys, I am looking at a CPO’d X1. Would you look at the attached report and see if you see any issues or anything I might ask them to repair/change for me prior to purchase? The rest of the ones are all checked good, so I didn’t attach them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 12:35 PM   #2
Skyline2.0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagala View Post
Hey guys, I am looking at a CPO’d X1. Would you look at the attached report and see if you see any issues or anything I might ask them to repair/change for me prior to purchase? The rest of the ones are all checked good, so I didn’t attach them.
Based on the photo, 2 things stick out:
1. The ~1 year & 8 months between 3rd and 4th oil change is concerning. Even if the mileage interval was 10k between those changes, the length of time that the car ran on the same oil is too long in my opinion.

2. Tread depth is getting pretty low. While it's still above legally required min spec in US (1.6mm), the tires are getting pretty close to the point where they should get replaced. This may be a negotiating point (either less money or dealer swaps out for new ones), but I'm not 100% sure as I haven't purchased a pre-owned car before.

Last edited by Skyline2.0; 08-23-2019 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 12:56 PM   #3
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

If you also didn't see there is an active recall on the pillar of the car. Although I wouldn't consider it a big deal and eventually they are going to roll out the fixes. It is checked off as clear on that report so perhaps they got the part in and replaced it, perhaps they didn't actually check. Otherwise pretty much the same as mentioned in the above post.
Appreciate 0