2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Ipod Issues

08-22-2019, 09:41 AM   #1
Franko666
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Ipod Issues

Having just picked my new 330i this afternoon, I plugged my 6th Gen Ipod in to the usb slot in the front as the slot in the armrest is a lighting connector.
When I tried to download the connected drive app, it told me that my device is incompatible.
I really do love listening to audiobooks from audible in my car.
Anyone any suggestions?

Only other option is to use my iPhone I think via Bluetooth, but would that give you full track listings etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Running latest software updates on car and ipod.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 12:27 PM   #2
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko666 View Post
Having just picked my new 330i this afternoon, I plugged my 6th Gen Ipod in to the usb slot in the front as the slot in the armrest is a lighting connector.
When I tried to download the connected drive app, it told me that my device is incompatible.
Anyone any suggestions?

Only other option is to use my iPhone I think via Bluetooth, but would that give you full track listings etc?

You can access the Audible app via CarPlay, that should work. Note that it only shows you the "top 10" audio books when you're moving so you won't have access to your whole library. Unlike Android Auto, CarPlay still doesn't support voice to access non-Apple apps, which is a bit rubbish.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 02:10 PM   #3
Franko666
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Quote:
Anyone any suggestions?

You can access the Audible app via CarPlay, that should work. Note that it only shows you the "top 10" audio books when you're moving so you won't have access to your whole library. Unlike Android Auto, CarPlay still doesn't support voice to access non-Apple apps, which is a bit rubbish.
Tried to install CarPlay without much success. Any step by step to get it going?
Trying to connect CarPlay via Bluetooth.
      08-22-2019, 05:57 PM   #4
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Tried to install CarPlay without much success. Any step by step to get it going?
Trying to connect CarPlay via Bluetooth.
I've not got my car yet so I've not done it but I think you need to connect via Bluetooth first and then separately via Wi-Fi, there is a CarPlay option that pops up in Media if you're on the right screen on your iPhone, I think.

Have seen loads of people complain about how unreliable it is though.

Suggest either wait for current owners to dive in and help or search on Google, I did see a step by step guide a few days back but can't remember where. Basically, it's not that obvious how to do it...
Appreciate 0