F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons > VRSF F30 Charge Pipe (Crap Fitment, Leaks Boost, Stripped Meth Bung)
ARMA SPEED

08-19-2019, 04:39 PM   #1
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

VRSF F30 Charge Pipe (Crap Fitment, Leaks Boost, Stripped Meth Bung)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Like the title reads. Fits great now that I dented the area that was rubbing the steering column.

- The TMAP hole is too small and it will tear the O-rings even if you properly lubricate them.

- The meth bung stripped out after I tightened it because it was leaking so that's useless as well.

- The lower portion that connects to the IC rubs on the AC compressor.

- The large C clip that connects the CP to the TB is clocked in the wrong direction so it's a PITA to get on and off from all the times you're gonna have to remove and reinstall to track down the boost leaks.

Whoever wants to try to make this POS work on their car, just send me $12 for shipping and I'll send it your way LOL.

CTS turbo/Evolution Racing/ FTP knows how to make a proper fitting CP for anyone doesn't want their time and money wasted.

-Nick

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 03:54 PM   #2
accs
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Jeez how long did it take you to realize it doesn't fit properly? When I fit my CTS pipe, it took hours to install and the fitment was perfect....
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 04:00 PM   #3
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by accs View Post
Jeez how long did it take you to realize it doesn't fit properly? When I fit my CTS pipe, it took hours to install and the fitment was perfect....
The problem was, by the time I got the stock CP removed from the car, it was pretty mangled and scraped up from being removed. I knew about 30 minutes in to installing the VRSF CP, things weren't right with the fitment. Unfortunately, I had no choice but to make it work until I could find a replacement.

VRSF stuff is honestly hit or miss in terms of quality and fitment. Sometimes is good sometimes it's horrible. My DP fits pretty good and I consider myself lucky that it does. I've been in and out of the N54/55 game for over 10 years. I knew I was taking a gamble with VRSF from the get go LOL.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 07:00 PM   #4
accs
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i View Post
The problem was, by the time I got the stock CP removed from the car, it was pretty mangled and scraped up from being removed. I knew about 30 minutes in to installing the VRSF CP, things weren't right with the fitment. Unfortunately, I had no choice but to make it work until I could find a replacement.

VRSF stuff is honestly hit or miss in terms of quality and fitment. Sometimes is good sometimes it's horrible. My DP fits pretty good and I consider myself lucky that it does. I've been in and out of the N54/55 game for over 10 years. I knew I was taking a gamble with VRSF from the get go LOL.
That's absolutely brutal. Were you able to get a refund for the defective product? I've seen so many mixed reviews on vrsf stuff, makes me think buying their goods used is the way to go... At least someone before you tested.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 07:23 PM   #5
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by accs View Post
Quote:

That's absolutely brutal. Were you able to get a refund for the defective product? I've seen so many mixed reviews on vrsf stuff, makes me think buying their goods used is the way to go... At least someone before you tested.
I bought it brand new in box from a fellow forum member on here so it's considered used by VRSF I guess. Either way, VRSF hasn't made any attempts to take ownership of my fitment issues I've had or offered any type of help through my entire contact with them. They actually originally accused me of trying to lie to them about the issues I was having like I was trying to get a replacement part from them when nothing was wrong with the CP.

For that reason alone, I'll never do business with them and share my experience with others whenever I can.
Appreciate 2
      08-22-2019, 10:10 AM   #6
accs
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I bought it brand new in box from a fellow forum member on here so it's considered used by VRSF I guess. Either way, VRSF hasn't made any attempts to take ownership of my fitment issues I've had or offered any type of help through my entire contact with them. They actually originally accused me of trying to lie to them about the issues I was having like I was trying to get a replacement part from them when nothing was wrong with the CP.

For that reason alone, I'll never do business with them and share my experience with others whenever I can.
Interesting customer service policy...
Appreciate 0