E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 lci halo ring issue.

08-06-2019, 09:34 AM   #1
Dstoyanov51@yahoo.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i e90 LCI

E90 lci halo ring issue.

Hello, this is my first post. I ve tried finding info on my topic but nothing came up. So i have an e90 lci and the problem is that my driver side outer halo ring is much more yellower then all 3 of the rest halos. I tried switching bulbs between headlights but it still stayed that way. Im running oem bulbs i know they should be yellowish, but the ring is almost to an orange shade, and its only that driver side one. Any sugestions, or where can i purchase just that outer halo ring to replace. Pictures dont make it look too orange but in person its very noticable. Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 12:01 PM   #2
dakine_surf
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg e91, r53 Cooper S, e28 M5

So the Angel Eyes lights are composed of a single bulb that shines into a reflector which directs the light the to the glass fiber optic rings that are the angel eyes.

The inner ring will always be brighter just due to the design. The reason your driver's side is a different shade is actually that you have some residue on the rings from either a bulb burning out or dust in your housing. When a bulb blows and actually breaks the glass the gas inside will get all over everything. Unfortunately, there is no way to do anything about it except to take them apart and we all know e90 headlight housings are a pain to split.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 03:45 PM   #3
Dstoyanov51@yahoo.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i e90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine_surf View Post
So the Angel Eyes lights are composed of a single bulb that shines into a reflector which directs the light the to the glass fiber optic rings that are the angel eyes.

The inner ring will always be brighter just due to the design. The reason your driver's side is a different shade is actually that you have some residue on the rings from either a bulb burning out or dust in your housing. When a bulb blows and actually breaks the glass the gas inside will get all over everything. Unfortunately, there is no way to do anything about it except to take them apart and we all know e90 headlight housings are a pain to split.
Yes i already took it apart to clean up the projector lense it was all fogy, thought it was due to the xenon bulb not being oem, didnt think about cleaning the halo ring. Ill try again since this is really buging me. Thanks, btw the angel eye bulb was blown but the glass wasnt broken.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 04:19 PM   #4
dakine_surf
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg e91, r53 Cooper S, e28 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstoyanov51@yahoo.com View Post
Yes i already took it apart to clean up the projector lense it was all fogy, thought it was due to the xenon bulb not being oem, didnt think about cleaning the halo ring. Ill try again since this is really buging me. Thanks, btw the angel eye bulb was blown but the glass wasnt broken.
Yeah if your projector lens was foggy then chances are the Angel Eyes have the same residue on them. When a bulb does go, the gas is like a little bomb and it coats almost the entire inside of the housing.

Most Non-OEM bulbs have a higher likelihood of actually failing to the point of the glass breaking, which could be how your car ended up with the residue in the first place.
Appreciate 0