E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Intermittent loss of power...

07-31-2019, 03:43 AM   #1
Jonbee
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 318

Intermittent loss of power...

Hi, new to this so bear with me if I’ve gotten the layout wrong. I have a 2009, 318 saloon, 41k on the clock. Last week I started a trip (A road) and around 30 minutes in, without any warning lights there was a sudden loss of power accompanied by what can best be described as a droning noise from beneath. This lasted for 2/3 minutes before going back to normal. I thought that it was just a glitch when 15 minutes later it happened again, again only for 2/3 minutes before going back to normal. It happened once more before I could stop. There were no codes on my own code reader, it felt like a temporary ‘limp-home’ mode as the revs wouldn’t go above 2k when it was happening. When we started again it didn’t happen at all. Anyone have any idea what may have happened? Thanks
Appreciate 0