E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 320d diagnostics with Carly

07-28-2019, 11:27 PM   #1
NASSSY
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d E90

320d diagnostics with Carly

Hi all,

New member here! Glad to be part of the forum now! I have a couple of questions regarding the Carly app and diagnostics. I've seen a good few threads on there with good reviews however I've not had the best luck with mine so far which can only mean I'm being stupid and not using it correctly.

2005 E90 320d. I bought it to try and diagnose a fault I'm having with DSC, by the looks of it I need it coded to my VIN which I can't seem to do even with INPA or tool 32. Any tips on this?

I also noticed a very strange change in mileage when I activated the digital speedometer on the dash. It jumped up by around 5000 miles however the scan on Carly doesn't show tampering. Any tips? I'll attach the screenshots when I can for reference.

Diagnosis did show 2 different VINs, one on the chassis and one on the headlights, is this normally the case with potential retrofitted lights? It's pre facelift but factory xenons.

Thanks for reading!
Eren.

Last edited by NASSSY; 07-29-2019 at 05:15 AM..
Appreciate 0