E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Coins in the seat track

07-27-2019, 11:09 AM   #1
53N30W
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328

Coins in the seat track

I have an E 92 with sports seats. Seems that with the leg extension fully deployed if any coins happen to fall out of a persons pocket and land in the pouch area ( or if you place them there ) they then can easily slide off either edge and down into the seat track. What results sounds like a small marble sliding back and forth for 3 sec or so when doing a quick turn.

It Made me crazy!! I narrowed it down to the seat area and at first thought that something was in the under seat heating ducts as they are open at the end.

Finally I saw the culprit coin but only barely as i had to seriously manipulate the seat to see down there.

Tried every tool and grabbing device i have to get it but no joy
Finally put a drop of super glue on my finger and managed to hold it on the coin for 30 sec and then pull it out .

Primitive but it worked. A more civilized approach would be to pull the seat.
Biggest danger is keeping the super glue away from the interior

Car is now a coin free zone
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #2
colorado.e9x
eBay Special
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [9.50]
2006 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53N30W View Post
I have an E 92 with sports seats. Seems that with the leg extension fully deployed if any coins happen to fall out of a persons pocket and land in the pouch area ( or if you place them there ) they then can easily slide off either edge and down into the seat track. What results sounds like a small marble sliding back and forth for 3 sec or so when doing a quick turn.

It Made me crazy!! I narrowed it down to the seat area and at first thought that something was in the under seat heating ducts as they are open at the end.

Finally I saw the culprit coin but only barely as i had to seriously manipulate the seat to see down there.

Tried every tool and grabbing device i have to get it but no joy
Finally put a drop of super glue on my finger and managed to hold it on the coin for 30 sec and then pull it out .

Primitive but it worked. A more civilized approach would be to pull the seat.
Biggest danger is keeping the super glue away from the interior

Car is now a coin free zone
Never thought of that, good idea! I've had a penny in my seat track for over a year. It doesn't move around but its always bothered me lol