BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    ConnectedDrive app randomly stops working

07-08-2019, 02:25 AM   #1
Nikolov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 F90 M5C, '17 911 TTS

ConnectedDrive app randomly stops working

Ever since upgrading my iPhone to 12.3.1 the ConnectedDrive App would randomly stop working on my phone. The phone connects to the car over Bluetooth just fine and everything but the ConnectedDrive App works.

If I try to connect it manually (go to phone options and tick the "Apps" checkbox), it gets stuck on "Connecting, start App on phone if necessary". The only fix I've found so far is to turn Bluetooth off, hard reset the phone, turn Bluetooth back on.

It did the exact same thing on my F10 too (I had an NBT Evo retrofitted - same Nav as in the F90) and I thought it might be due to outdated firmware on my NBT Evo, but the F90 does it too.

Anyone else had this problem?
      07-28-2019, 09:11 AM   #2
bradleyjs
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5B, 2006 E60 550i

Garage List
No the app works just fine for me on iOS 12.4 and iPhone XS Max. The problem that I’m have (only in the last week as it worked fine before, is that I keep getting a “An Internet Connection is Required” message. I see that I’m connected via the car’s WiFi but the Bluetooth now for some reason won’t establish a connection.

Now, please correct me of I’m wrong here, but I assume both the Bluetooth AND WiFi have to both be connected in order to use the iPhone’s LTE connection. It’s like a network bridge between each of the protocols.
Appreciate 0