BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-28-2019, 03:10 PM   #1
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: mazda3, vw passat, suzuki vita

Is dealer b.s ing? me or is this normal

So I been searching a lot getting the right x3 and ones I posted I was interested the dealers i contact never get back to me. (which is good sign they really don't care much). But the ones that do I will go to the lot etc.

I found one that I really want and seems like great deal with clean carfax. It was one day on cargurus with no saves. Next day i contact them and dealer mentions someone is test driving the car and is about to purchase but needed cosigner so not sure about status yet. Is this a sale ploy or do this usually happen on good deals. Considering it's a local dealer that is not BMW dealership, I'm suprised after 1 day on cargurus it can sell.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=244803134
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 03:16 PM   #2
Alias1431
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

As someone who has worked with slimy salesmen in the past, the pessimist in me says this is just a sales tactic, or just a gross exaggeration of the truth. Get a deal you're happy with, or you won't be happy. That simple.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 03:45 PM   #3
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias1431 View Post
As someone who has worked with slimy salesmen in the past, the pessimist in me says this is just a sales tactic, or just a gross exaggeration of the truth. Get a deal you're happy with, or you won't be happy. That simple.
Whoa I'm starting to see sliminess. I understand it's there living but guess you were right it was a sales ploy and mr.newbie (me) took the bait and seemed to response with eager like "oh no that's perfect car for me" lol here is attachment and guess it was ghost customer he was referring too attached chat

Last edited by nakamuru; 06-28-2019 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 03:46 PM   #4
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
What is top sliminess should I be aware of me. Good guy
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 03:48 PM   #5
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Btw the link I provided what do you think is good offer to give this guy I don't care about any tactics and more concerned about final price 7 to 10 % off the msrp? Which is at 41k
Appreciate 0