BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) HK Audio

06-25-2019, 10:33 AM   #1
Beagler
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sept 2019 Facelift X1 MSPORT

HK Audio

I know we all have different preferences but it may help for me to get an idea on the settings for the HK audio in my forthcoming X1.

I have no knowledge of the system or the settings format /Options.

Any help would be appreciated.
      06-25-2019, 03:25 PM   #2
Pph55
Rep
Drives: X1 x20d msport glacier silver

Garage List
Hi Beagler I have the HK system In my X1 and as far as I know it has only the standard bass treble forward backward speaker bias
I understand it used to have a graphic equaliser at some point but i am sure other members will correct me if I am wrong.
Sound is very good through the under seat front speakers
Personally I think a bit to much from the centre speaker though I haven't played with it that much I'm not allowed to as it's the wife's car
Appreciate 2
      06-25-2019, 03:55 PM   #3
Beagler
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sept 2019 Facelift X1 MSPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pph55 View Post
Hi Beagler I have the HK system In my X1 and as far as I know it has only the standard bass treble forward backward speaker bias
I understand it used to have a graphic equaliser at some point but i am sure other members will correct me if I am wrong.
Sound is very good through the under seat front speakers
Personally I think a bit to much from the centre speaker though I haven't played with it that much I'm not allowed to as it's the wife's car

Thanks Pph55 that helps.
I was listening to the Dynaudio again in my Tiguan today and it always impresses me with the tympanic sound of cymbals, musical separation and overall performance. I just hope the HK system is as good.
      06-25-2019, 04:20 PM   #4
Mushy007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 2D MH M Sport 2021

I’ve just chopped my X1 in for an X3, which has the HK system, the X1 was the base system. Even upgrading the base speakers and front door speakers, it isn’t a match for the HK, it’s very clear, loud and extremely impressive.
Appreciate 1
Beagler74.50
      07-02-2019, 10:55 AM   #5
Joeyb200
Rep
Drives: BMW x1

Not sure if you would know this but the 2017 BMW X1 I am getting its certified pre owned says it has a Hi-Fi sound system in it. So my question is is that the upgraded one from stock?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 11:09 AM   #6
808X1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyb200 View Post
Not sure if you would know this but the 2017 BMW X1 I am getting its certified pre owned says it has a Hi-Fi sound system in it. So my question is is that the upgraded one from stock?
Yes it is. It has the center speaker and under seat subwoofer. No tweeters.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 10:54 PM   #7
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

The little 3" speakers are not worth changing. I have the upgraded sound system that is not HK. I also put in Pioneer Tweeters, I'm keeping the speakers under the seats too however I'm installing the new bass speaker design with the magnet that is halfway in the voice coil spider allowing for a larger heavy duty magnet without sacrificing space. It's a down-firing sub within a flat box with supports only on the 4 corners so that the sound comes out the bottom sides. Also it has a quick connect type connector so that you can disconnect the speaker if you need the trunk space for a temporary haul. The speaker comes with a cross-over and a seperate amp. The tweeters also come with a cross-over. The sound will be awesome as the head unit will not be pushing as much bass which we all know uses most of the power of the head unit and the high notes will be impeccable.
Appreciate 0