06-20-2019, 06:10 PM   #1
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 MSport

Question HELP: Is Carly for BMW usable on the G05? -not working for me-

Hello everyone,

Is here an actual owner and user of the latest Carly for BMW Adapter and iOS app that can confirm if it's working on the G05?

I have a 2019 (Feb '19 production) G05 30d M Sport, purchased the latest adapter from Carly directly and also made the mistake on paying the yearly Pro subscription on the Apple Store.

Just tried it a couple of minutes ago and from the 8 "coding options" (Kombi, BDC, CSM, FZD, HKL2, SMFA, SMBF & IHKA), 7 of them appear in grey color with the same description: "The recognized software version of this module is not yet available in the app".

The only option available is the FZD (anti-theft alarm system), which when tried to code, I got an error message that stated it wasn't available to code.

So, I'm almost $140 off and cannot use this adapter & app for anything rather than real time gauges (which wasn't the reason I purchased it for).

The Carly website states a lot of coding options, which I wasn't able to setup as explained. PLEASE, somebody that can give any pointers about this or suggestions, or, confirming that this is a rip-off?

Thank you!

BTW, I used the previous adapter and app from Carly on my previous X5 (a 2017 F15) and it worked great, not this one sadly....
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 08:07 AM   #2
russelldav
456bhp for breakfast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
Hello everyone,

Is here an actual owner and user of the latest Carly for BMW Adapter and iOS app that can confirm if it's working on the G05?

I have a 2019 (Feb '19 production) G05 30d M Sport, purchased the latest adapter from Carly directly and also made the mistake on paying the yearly Pro subscription on the Apple Store.

Just tried it a couple of minutes ago and from the 8 "coding options" (Kombi, BDC, CSM, FZD, HKL2, SMFA, SMBF & IHKA), 7 of them appear in grey color with the same description: "The recognized software version of this module is not yet available in the app".

The only option available is the FZD (anti-theft alarm system), which when tried to code, I got an error message that stated it wasn't available to code.

So, I'm almost $140 off and cannot use this adapter & app for anything rather than real time gauges (which wasn't the reason I purchased it for).

The Carly website states a lot of coding options, which I wasn't able to setup as explained. PLEASE, somebody that can give any pointers about this or suggestions, or, confirming that this is a rip-off?

Thank you!

BTW, I used the previous adapter and app from Carly on my previous X5 (a 2017 F15) and it worked great, not this one sadly....
Search and you'll find lots of threads on this. Carly doesn't have any coding functions enabled for the G05 yet but Bimmercode does.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 09:45 AM   #3
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by russelldav View Post
Search and you'll find lots of threads on this. Carly doesn't have any coding functions enabled for the G05 yet but Bimmercode does.
Thank you ruseell. I feel scammed by Carly as they show a lot of coding options for the G05 on their website.

I will give Bimmercode a try. The sad thing is that I will need to purchase another adapter and another yearly subscription

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 09:52 AM   #4
russelldav
456bhp for breakfast
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you ruseell. I feel scammed by Carly as they show a lot of coding options for the G05 on their website.

I will give Bimmercode a try. The sad thing is that I will need to purchase another adapter and another yearly subscription

Cheers
I would complain to Carly and ask for a refund - they are advertising and selling something they don't have
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 01:10 AM   #5
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
I would complain to Carly and ask for a refund - they are advertising and selling something they don't have
I’ve actually did that, they didn’t reply at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2019, 05:39 AM   #6
jammit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Don't bother with Carly. They misrepresent their G05 capabilities on the website.
Appreciate 1
AlexGT419.50
      06-23-2019, 08:15 AM   #7
russelldav
456bhp for breakfast
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I've actually did that, they didn't reply at all.
Did you pay for it using a credit card? Might be faster to ask your provider to reverse the charge. That'll get their attention
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2019, 12:09 PM   #8
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammit View Post
Don't bother with Carly. They misrepresent their G05 capabilities on the website.
Quote:
Yep, unfortunately I found out that after paying for their obdii and paying for a whole year of their iOS app
—— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— ——
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #9
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've actually did that, they didn't reply at all.
Did you pay for it using a credit card? Might be faster to ask your provider to reverse the charge. That'll get their attention
Yeah, I paid them with PayPal , I directly purchased the obdii from their website
—— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— ——
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2019, 02:56 PM   #10
robkassab
Rob
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:

Cheers
I could never get Carly to work. But BimmerCode does but only with the Veepeak adapter. I also have the more expensive ODBLinkMX+ adapter but I can't get it to work.

Get the VeePeak for $32:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      06-23-2019, 05:50 PM   #11
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by robkassab View Post
Quote:

Cheers
I could never get Carly to work. But BimmerCode does but only with the Veepeak adapter. I also have the more expensive ODBLinkMX+ adapter but I can't get it to work.

Get the VeePeak for $32:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1
VeePeak is indicated on BimmerCode page to only support F-series cars. OBDLink MX+ is indicated for both F-series and G-series. We're discussing the G05 X5, so that might not be good advice to suggest VeePeak for that. For what it's worth, OBDLink MX+ works great for me on an iPhone if you follow the instructions in BimmerCode carefully and I believe lots of others have reported good success.
      06-24-2019, 12:03 PM   #12
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
VeePeak is indicated on BimmerCode page to only support F-series cars. OBDLink MX+ is indicated for both F-series and G-series. We're discussing the G05 X5, so that might not be good advice to suggest VeePeak for that. For what it's worth, OBDLink MX+ works great for me on an iPhone if you follow the instructions in BimmerCode carefully and I believe lots of others have reported good success.
Thanks for this clarification Lexx I'll give that MX+ a try
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 04:49 PM   #13
robkassab
Rob
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Yes, they indicate that but VeePeek does work with my new G05 and without a hitch. I played around with the OBDLink and could not get it to work. Plus the VeePeek is about 50 bucks cheaper that OBDLink.
      06-24-2019, 04:52 PM   #14
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:

Get the VeePeak for $32:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Did you contact Carly to complaint about it? I've been sending them emails and nothing... I feel scammed
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 04:56 PM   #15
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, they indicate that but VeePeek does work with my new G05 and without a hitch. I played around with the OBDLink and could not get it to work. Plus the VeePeek is about 50 bucks cheaper that OBDLink.
Nonetheless, for anyone else reading this, it is likely best to review and go with what the vendor of the software itself recommends. Sorry to be this blunt, but this isn't a private chat between just the two of us.
      06-25-2019, 06:45 PM   #16
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Quote:
The same with G07. They have given me and other users the run around for support.