BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-02-2019, 12:19 PM   #1
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5

Conected app is down

Connected app stopped working Friday , camera and remote services down bmw don't know when they will be back up !! They need to hire a better I.T company to run there system I'm in north east I wonder how far this outage is
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 02:13 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Mine is still working, I didn't lose any service the last few days as far as I know.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #3
AshD
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX 40 2022

Mine hasn't worked either in few days. Stuck at connecting to remote server
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 08:31 PM   #4
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Mine has worked from day one when others said there's not working when I called bmw all they say is everyone is out , I told them that's impossible I know people who are using it they said sir the entire system is out and no info when it will be back up ?/ is anyone up and running in the USA ?//
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 08:46 PM   #5
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithcinema View Post
Mine has worked from day one when others said there's not working when I called bmw all they say is everyone is out , I told them that's impossible I know people who are using it they said sir the entire system is out and no info when it will be back up ?/ is anyone up and running in the USA ?//
History shows that anytime they say the entire system is down they are being dishonest and just making it up. Here is the remote view I took this afternoon as a test when I saw your post. I also tried the lights and that was successful.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 09:29 PM   #6
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Quote:
History shows that anytime they say the entire system is down they are being dishonest and just making it up. Here is the remote view I took this afternoon as a test when I saw your post. I also tried the lights and that was successful.
Are you in north east I'm in nyc
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 09:30 PM   #7
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Colorado
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 09:31 PM   #8
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My dealer said so many complaints on the app that bmw don't want to admit it's not working he has clients that it's working and some that it's not
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 09:36 PM   #9
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My dealer said so many complaints on the app that bmw don't want to admit it's not working he has clients that it's working and some that it's not
Maybe it's a east cost outage this time ? I have to say I have the truck a month and love it everything works fine no issues , I'm blaming this on the update that was automatically sent and updated on Friday I'm on .35 and always had cornering lights ant the full hey bmw package that does everything but Friday when I got in truck it said that data software was updated and I received 3 new things that are useless experience modes but I'm still on .35 ?// and since then the connected drive is not working , remote start , cams , door lock keeps saying no data , but it tells me location and condition of all doors and windows so it does have data
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 10:05 PM   #10
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Maybe it's a east cost outage this time ? I have to say I have the truck a month and love it everything works fine no issues , I'm blaming this on the update that was automatically sent and updated on Friday I'm on .35 and always had cornering lights ant the full hey bmw package that does everything but Friday when I got in truck it said that data software was updated and I received 3 new things that are useless experience modes but I'm still on .35 ?// and since then the connected drive is not working , remote start , cams , door lock keeps saying no data , but it tells me location and condition of all doors and windows so it does have data
That was an Apps and Services update which they push out fairly often. Did you check the Data Privacy checkbox? Without doing that no remote services will work.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 05:57 AM   #11
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That was an Apps and Services update which they push out fairly often. Did you check the Data Privacy checkbox? Without doing that no remote services will work.
When I get home I'm going to go through I drive with a fine tooth comb something changed bmw don't know what they are talking about the service is not down my friends car still works , and I can't get help from bmw they don't want to hear anything they just say that system wide outage and they don't know when it would be back up and I keep telling them I have 2 cars side by side one works one don't , and they don't know what to say , they hire people who know nothing about bmw when you ask them a question they type it in computer and tell you the answer,
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 06:46 PM   #12
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Here is my story - it wasn't working from day one that I got the car and I was on 03/2019.35 software version. Then I put it in to the dealer for a couple of things including a software update and they updated it to 03/2019.48. In conjunction with that, I deleted my Driver profile in the car and then set it up again and not sure what clicked but since that day mine has been working flawlessly including Remote 3D view. It was also working when this thread was started by the OP and tested it just now and still is working - knock on wood!
Appreciate 0