Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Connected Drive Remote Services

05-26-2019, 05:41 PM   #1
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW U11 iX1 Xdrive 30

Connected Drive Remote Services

Query for G20 owners who have taken delivery in AUSTRALIA:

Has anyone been able to get the remote services to work - ie unlocking, locking, flash lights, remote 3D view - through their phone app?

My account was set up on delivery and everything seems to be connected (all the tick box checked on iDrive, and the car is showing up on my app with range/fuel/locking info displaying - although only seem to update at the end of a journey)

Others' experience on this is much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 01:38 AM   #2
Ants39
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330I M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by achk View Post

Has anyone been able to get the remote services to work - ie unlocking, locking, flash lights, remote 3D view - through their phone app?

My account was set up on delivery and everything seems to be connected (all the tick box checked on iDrive, and the car is showing up on my app with range/fuel/locking info displaying - although only seem to update at the end of a journey)

How long ago did you take delivery? - mine was like that for a few days then auto-corrected itself and works fine now.

I still have issues with the Remote 3D View, firstly it wouldn't let me activate the privacy services in the car, but once that updated ok, the app crashes on Remote 3D view, that doesn't work still - assuming it will be resolved with an update.

Sorry I couldn't help more...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 06:09 AM   #3
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ants39 View Post
Quote:

How long ago did you take delivery? - mine was like that for a few days then auto-corrected itself and works fine now.

I still have issues with the Remote 3D View, firstly it wouldn't let me activate the privacy services in the car, but once that updated ok, the app crashes on Remote 3D view, that doesn't work still - assuming it will be resolved with an update.

Sorry I couldn't help more...
Thanks. I'll wait a few days and see what happens. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 07:28 AM   #4
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

boo hoo

Connected Drive App not working since delivery.
It comes in spurts; sometimes the app will update status, and other times it won't have done anything for 12 hours. Doesn't match with its setting of 'continuous transmission' right?
So one day I checked and it said the boot was open so i had to leave the office and run to the car park - turns out boot was SHUT and the app hadn't updated for 3 hours...
And no, none of the light/ventilate/lock/unlock works for me via the app.

Has anyone approached their dealer or head office about this?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 07:43 PM   #5
Brett240
Private
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

the location works but thats about it.

the 3D view frustratingly tells me its disabled in the car settings, though its 100% enabled.

will try the other features and report back.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 11:38 PM   #6
akzz
Private
Rep
Drives: '19 330i M-Sport

Quote:

Mine works but I'm having issues with Car Play. My phone connects fine via idrive but CarPlay seems to be intermittent. It worked fine at the dealer but seemed to just not connect 2 days later. Anyone else experience this?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 07:13 PM   #7
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akzz View Post
Mine works but I'm having issues with Car Play. My phone connects fine via idrive but CarPlay seems to be intermittent. It worked fine at the dealer but seemed to just not connect 2 days later. Anyone else experience this?
What software version are you on? I specifically asked dealer to update the iDrive software prior to delivery. My version is 03/2019.45.

Carplay works fine with me with no dropouts. Bluetooth audio is also working well when Carplay is not in use.

Remote services seem to work intermittently now but still haven't been able to get a remote 3D image successfully.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 08:22 AM   #8
akzz
Private
Rep

Quote:
What software version are you on? I specifically asked dealer to update the iDrive software prior to delivery. My version is 03/2019.45.

Carplay works fine with me with no dropouts. Bluetooth audio is also working well when Carplay is not in use.

Remote services seem to work intermittently now but still haven't been able to get a remote 3D image successfully.
How do you check the software version? My CarPlay is back, and noticed that it doesn't work when my phone is in "battery saver" mode for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 01:26 AM   #9
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akzz View Post
Quote:

How do you check the software version? My CarPlay is back, and noticed that it doesn't work when my phone is in "battery saver" mode for some reason.
I believe there's an OTA update option in the general setting menu and you can see the current software version. But I don't think over the air updates have started in Australia yet.

As I am still having issues with my connected drive app not talking to the car, I'm booked in for the dealer to see if there are further software updates or fix. Wish me luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 07:59 AM   #10
Brett240
Private
Rep

Sounds like no one is getting remote 3D view working. must be an AUS problem.

if anyone reports it to their dealer and gets an outcome, post away.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 05:35 AM   #11
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett240 View Post
Sounds like no one is getting remote 3D view working. must be an AUS problem.

if anyone reports it to their dealer and gets an outcome, post away.
I recently hired a brand G05 X5 and although I had managed to connect it to the BMW APP there was no way possible to get the 3D view working. Definitely sounds like an AUS issue.

What I found hilarious is that I was playing around with the BMW connect app
last night and the X5 I hired is still in my profile and active.
Knew it’s location and could have easily tracked it down and unlocked it remotely if criminally inclined lol ..
Something AVIS might need to look into ha ha
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 01:33 PM   #12
CrownRoyal79
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

I've had my M340i for a little over a month. At first, the Connected Drive app worked intermittently (maybe 50% if the time). Last Friday night I parked in an underground parking garage while having dinner and absolutely nothing has worked since then.

The app now tells me that I don't have a Connected+ subscription, and when I try to access any of the remote services, they fail and it tells me "no data connection available."

I called BMW and they said it's a known issue and that they are migrating to a new system, etc. I'm pretty sure somebody posted this exact response weeks ago on here. No ETA for a fix.

It's peculiar that it broke at the exact time I was parked in an underground garage. Obviously the car had no data connection while parked there. I wonder if there is some glitch where if the car loses signal it isn't able to reconnect afterwards. I wonder if pushing the SOS button would still work? Maybe that would force a reconnection request to BMW and restore functionality?

FWIW, the wife's X3 Connected Drive is nearly perfect, working perfect right now as a matter of fact.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 12:58 AM   #13
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Connected drive again

Has anyone noticed some back end changes to connected drive recently (in car, not the app)? Some displays have been altered, and I have to log in each time this happens - hacker vs legit?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 02:52 AM   #14
Brett240
Private
Rep

what do you mean by altered? what causes you ro havbe to login again?

i havent noticed anything
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 03:32 AM   #15
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hmm well with the data services, when u first get the car and set it up, need to either activate all (and agree) or configure what you do and don't want private (and agree). That thing has popped up twice in the last week out of no where, asking to repeat the process??
And some other settings changed like the automatic time zone (was on, now off), air con sync (was on, now off). Spooked or not I don't know.....
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 06:38 AM   #16
akzz
Private
Rep

I've been having issues with playing music over Bmw iDrive via bluetooth. The Bluetooth keeps dropping off intermittently. On CarPlay (when this connects!!!) works just fine. Having issues with CarPlay not working all the time as well.

Also - I tried to send maps via the app to the car but the car doesn't register them.

Not sure if connected drive is just sh&t at the moment or in general???
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #17
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
Hmm well with the data services, when u first get the car and set it up, need to either activate all (and agree) or configure what you do and don't want private (and agree). That thing has popped up twice in the last week out of no where, asking to repeat the process??
And some other settings changed like the automatic time zone (was on, now off), air con sync (was on, now off). Spooked or not I don't know.....
I have noticed on a few occasions when I have to recheck the "agree and activate all" box in the data privacy menu.

I'm not sure if that's because BMW has updated various connected drive settings in the background.

Anyway my car is in the dealership this morning to see if a software reset/update can solve the various bugs with idrive 7. Will keep this forum posted.

So far the service tech advisor is not too optimistic blaming Germany for all connected drive problems and said there's not a lot that can be done at the dealership level.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 05:43 AM   #18
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I have noticed on a few occasions when I have to recheck the "agree and activate all" box in the data privacy menu.

I'm not sure if that's because BMW has updated various connected drive settings in the background.

Anyway my car is in the dealership this morning to see if a software reset/update can solve the various bugs with idrive 7. Will keep this forum posted.

So far the service tech advisor is not too optimistic blaming Germany for all connected drive problems and said there's not a lot that can be done at the dealership level.
Ergh what other idrive bugs have you discovered ...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 07:08 AM   #19
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Is anyone's 3D remote view working yet? Car is def not in bmw welt, despite the dig rendering
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 07:39 AM   #20
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Is anyone's 3D remote view working yet? Car is def not in bmw welt, despite the dig rendering
The G05 X5 I was driving was doing exactly the same thing. I hope they sort it soon, I love the tech, so it needs to be working LOL
Retired - 2018 - Range Rover Velar SE D240
Retired - 2015 - Mercedes Benz C250d AMG Line W205
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 06:05 AM   #21
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

The car was at the dealership for about 5 hours. The service advisor described something about the car hooked up to some online diagnostic equipment. The only thing I've noticed is under previous mobile devices, there's a new MAC address there as well as the wife's and my phone. I assume that's the diagnostic equipment they connected to the car via Bluetooth.

Software version is still 3/2019.45. I read here that some have upgraded to 3/2019.48 in the US.

I can report now that I can now lock/unlock/start ventilation etc using the remote app MOST of the time. It has gone from intermittently working to intermittently failing. Remote 3D view crashes the app or just not working saying no data connection. Able to send destinations to car via app and also favourites destinations are successfully synced. For me, it's the novelty of a connected app as I don't really see it being particularly useful in a few weeks time.

Bluetooth streaming is very solid. I use Spotify mostly and usually quickly choose my playlists with my Apple Watch when it's safe to do so. CarPlay is working fine mostly but seems to be problematic when trying to use various Idrive function at the same time (Idrive navigation, voice assistance etc).

I've also updated the map via USB. The car was shipped with 2018 map so when I checked on the connected drive portal on the computer, there's a 2019.1 map available. The installation was very straightforward.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 10:09 PM   #22
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hmm thanks achk.
Does your app say "continuous transmission"?
I think someone previously mentioned their app data was only updating after a journey. My understanding is that it's supposed to push data each time you use the app - where is your car, is it locked etc etc - rather than be activity or action-dependent. Otherwise defeats the purpose??
Appreciate 0