F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F31 basic NBT to NBT EVO upgrade
proTUNING Freaks

05-07-2019, 06:55 AM   #1
chalojak
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 330D

F31 basic NBT to NBT EVO upgrade

Hi Guys,
Can someone help me to asses what I need to do in order to upgrade my basic NBT system to NBT EVO?
My current 2014 F31 does not have any stock navigation. It is just basic system with both front and rear parking sensors. The idrive control knob is a basic one, with only left/right movement.

My questions:
Apart from the NBT EVO set (display, unit, touchpad knob), will I also need to install any additional cabling? I especially think about the harness between NBT and the knob. As the touchpad has increased functionality, will the current harness be enough or is any other upgrade needed?
Do you anticipate any other HW that will need to be upgraded?

If I will want to further upgrade to retrofit rear parking camera, will I be able to just plug it in the rear door connector, or will any cabling needed to be installed too?

Regarding the coding, I have some experience with other brands and devices so I expect that with guidance that you wonderful guys provided on this forum, I should be able to manage that myself.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 10:47 PM   #2
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalojak View Post
Hi Guys,
Can someone help me to asses what I need to do in order to upgrade my basic NBT system to NBT EVO?
My current 2014 F31 does not have any stock navigation. It is just basic system with both front and rear parking sensors. The idrive control knob is a basic one, with only left/right movement.

My questions:
Apart from the NBT EVO set (display, unit, touchpad knob), will I also need to install any additional cabling? I especially think about the harness between NBT and the knob. As the touchpad has increased functionality, will the current harness be enough or is any other upgrade needed?

If I will want to further upgrade to retrofit rear parking camera, will I be able to just plug it in the rear door connector, or will any cabling needed to be installed too?

Regarding the coding, I have some experience with other brands and devices so I expect that with guidance that you wonderful guys provided on this forum, I should be able to manage that myself.

Thanks!
How did u make out? About to upgrade my nbt to evo, I already have rear camera n rear pdc. Still have surround view n front pdc to finish.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 09:26 PM   #3
sj22
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 14 F15 50I

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalojak View Post
Hi Guys,

My questions:

Thanks!
See my post on the F15 forum. You will need either a can filter with gps emulator or a new atm with new wiring since the atm unit provides the gps info to the evo.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #4
chalojak
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 330D

Thanks, clear now.
Appreciate 0