BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

08-04-2008, 04:58 AM   #1
altecsonyc
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 2008

Question about MOD and Warranty?

Hello,

I currently drive 528 with original 17" wheels from bmw. I plan change my original wheels to aftermarket wheels (M6 Replica from **********s), however, I have no experience in modding. I have been driving for more than 13 years and have never done any mod before not even changing the wheels.

My questions are:

1. Will I void my warranty if I install these wheels? I was told that if there is something wrong with your car (brake, alignment, and etc), BMW dealership may blame on the wheels because they are aftermarket wheels. FYI, this car is finance not lease...if that makes any difference.
2. I also have heard from others saying that using and installing aftermarket wheels does not void your oem wheels factory warranty. If this is true, let say I bring my car in to the any BMW dealership and have them replace the tires. Will they be able to replace them without any complaint and problem?
3. How are the quality, performance, safety of these aftermarket wheels (M6 Replica from **********s)?
4. What are some of the recommended tires that I should be using if I decide to replace my original BMW's wheels.
5. As you may know we can check to see whether the tires are working properly in the iDrive. Now, if I replace the original wheels with aftermarket wheels, will this option still function properly?
6. I live in Southern California (Los Angeles), does anyone know any reputable local auto shop that can install aftermarket.

Thank you,

Nate
Appreciate 0