E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Any input on this NEW SERVICE BULLETIN?

03-27-2006, 08:47 PM   #1
Silv3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Any input on this NEW SERVICE BULLETIN?

BMW ASSIST. Does anyone know how this really works?

My car was in for service for three days. They replaced the ASSIST control unit. I do not see any change. I still can't dial from the radio to my dealer or customer relations. I still do not see the color of my car, plate number and so on. I do see the vin number.

Before my Bluetooth update, I could hit the SOS button, and I would hear a recording from BMW ASSIST with my car info, location and so on. Now I continue to have a long wait until I get a live person.

The SA said there is a new service bulletin. BMW has changed the ASSIST software and the color and plate are no longer showing on the dash.

How does your assist work?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

I just got my 335i and saw the feature where the plate number and color is stored in radio which is suppose to be used for BMW assist and there was no way to change this. I though maybe the dealer had to do this, and they are telling me this feature does not work.

It is also suppose to be use for having the car call in for servicing. Suppositely, when the car needs servicing it will contact your local deal and tell them what is wrong with the car and send them all the information about the car. Does anyone know if this works or not.
Appreciate 0