Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Ultimate Maintenance package

04-23-2019, 04:52 PM   #1
bimmer21k
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 G20

Ultimate Maintenance package

My dealer mentioned that BMW covers most of the maintenance but doesn't cover some items like break pads, wiper blades etc and that will be included in the the Ultimate Maintenance package, it is priced at 600 for 3 years. Do these items wear out in their first 3 years or should I ignore that option. This is my first car so looking for advice on the maintenance.

With the ultimate care package BMW pays for full maintenance so I assume it is roughly 200 dollars per year.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 05:14 PM   #2
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer21k View Post
My dealer mentioned that BMW covers most of the maintenance but doesn't cover some items like break pads, wiper blades etc and that will be included in the the Ultimate Maintenance package, it is priced at 600 for 3 years. Do these items wear out in their first 3 years or should I ignore that option. This is my first car so looking for advice on the maintenance.

With the ultimate care package BMW pays for full maintenance so I assume it is roughly 200 dollars per year.
Quote:

BMW used to cover brakes when they had 4 year maintenance. when they lowered it to 3 they stopped because it's pretty unlikely you'd need to have your brakes swapped out in 3 years.

I'd guess if you were really hammering your brakes or wiper blades you might have to but even then changing your brakes probably only costs $600 so why prepay
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 07:36 PM   #3
berkel
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 550ix

Hmmm, on my last two BMW leases (2013 550XI and 2016 X535i) they covered the wipers. I'm picking up my M340i tomorrow, so I'll see what they say. My dealer told me I could get one set per year, but maybe it changed. I haven't had to change brake pads within the three year lease, but I don't drive as hard as I used to.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 09:49 PM   #4
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkel View Post
Hmmm, on my last two BMW leases (2013 550XI and 2016 X535i) they covered the wipers. I'm picking up my M340i tomorrow, so I'll see what they say. My dealer told me I could get one set per year, but maybe it changed. I haven't had to change brake pads within the three year lease, but I don't drive as hard as I used to.
You need the upgrade package to get wiper blades and brakes. I had my brakes done once so it was nice that it was free, and wiper blades automatically replaced every year is awesome so there's never any streaking or noise from the blades, always smooth and streak free. Also I think they replace the keyfob battery as well, though both my key fobs still seem to be working and I usually only bring the same one with me to service.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 09:26 AM   #5
wknddrivr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3/E39 M5

You shouldn’t need brakes in 3 years. If you do, they shouldn’t cost more than $600

My e90 went 60k miles before I had to replace the front brakes. The rear brakes were still fine at 70k miles when the car was rear ended and totaled. It was a manual transmission though so the brakes lasted longer than an auto would have.

I changed the front brakes on the E90 in about half hour and it cost me $129 for the BMW OEM pads and sensors from BMW Seattle. I probably could have saved a few $ by getting them from getbmwparts.com or pelican
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 07:37 PM   #6
berkel
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 550ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
You need the upgrade package to get wiper blades and brakes. I had my brakes done once so it was nice that it was free, and wiper blades automatically replaced every year is awesome so there's never any streaking or noise from the blades, always smooth and streak free. Also I think they replace the keyfob battery as well, though both my key fobs still seem to be working and I usually only bring the same one with me to service.
I just picked up my m340i today. It used to be 5 years and included brakes and wipers up through 2017. From 2018 forward it's only 3 years and less coverage, this is why I was confused. I got my last car (X5) in 2016. Too bad, still a good deal, but not as good as before...

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 07:38 PM   #7
nik14
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E39 E46(2) E90 F30 G01 G20

Quote:

Quote:

Call Jeff Steele at Passport BMW and see what price he quotes you. He usually has the lowest prices on warranty and wearables coverage. You will need to take delivery or the car first though. Another thing you can try, if you have not taken delivery, is asking the F&I guy to bump the residual on the car for taking the wearables coverage. If they are able to bump the residual by say 200 and charge you 500, your net cost is 300, before taxes. I have gotten them to do that before. If you do call Jeff, let us know what he quotes you. If my dealer does not bump my residual, I'll likely call Jeff.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2019, 07:45 PM   #8
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
I just picked up my m340i today. It used to be 5 years and included brakes and wipers up through 2017. From 2018 forward it's only 3 years and less coverage, this is why I was confused. I got my last car (X5) in 2016. Too bad, still a good deal, but not as good as before...

Thanks
Yes mine is 2016 F30, last year of 4 year/50K free maintenance with wear and tear (wipers and brakes). though the free maintenance was no longer transferable to the second owner beginning that year and is no longer transferable with the 3 year plan, unless you upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 08:38 PM   #9
hans007
Major
Rep

Quote:

Thanks
It was 2016 model year and lower was 4 years / 50k free maintenance with brakes and wipers and transferable.

2017 model year and higher got 3 years , no brakes or wipers, and non transferrable unless it was a family member. So if you got a 2017 model x5 in the calendar year 2016 you'd still have not gotten the old plan.

It was a nice free year of maintenance for peopel who buy their cars and had them over 3 years since all the more expensive service tended to be in the 4th year....
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 12:16 AM   #10
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
BMW used to cover brakes when they had 4 year maintenance. when they lowered it to 3 they stopped because it's pretty unlikely you'd need to have your brakes swapped out in 3 years.

I'd guess if you were really hammering your brakes or wiper blades you might have to but even then changing your brakes probably only costs $600 so why prepay
Well when BMW paid, they'd just slap new pads on. I have a feeling now that WE are paying, they'll recommend new rotors, pads, and a brake bleed for a couple thousand bucks.
Appreciate 1
hans007604.50
      04-25-2019, 12:25 AM   #11
hans007
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Quote:

Well when BMW paid, they'd just slap new pads on. I have a feeling now that WE are paying, they'll recommend new rotors, pads, and a brake bleed for a couple thousand bucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Quote:

I think standard BMW dealer recommendation is a new car once the brakes are worn actually. it'd be LCI time for the g20
Appreciate 0