BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-22-2019, 02:08 AM   #1
lights
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

Voice Command FAILS thread

I am one of those people that has every voice activated system there is. Heck I was on the Kinect launch team for the Xbox 360. I use Siri, Alexa, and Google Voice at least once a day.

And I TRY to use Hello BMW voice command. It just never gets it right.

Today’s fail: I accidentally approached the X5 with my wife’s key. When I realized I was wrong the BMW was getting all excited for my wife. I turned around, grabbed my key, and took the car. My driver profile was shown, but my wife’s ambient light choice was activated by that brief key proximity. Lilac, it’s called. And it’s not manly enough for me to let it go. So...

“Hello BMW change my ambient lighting to orange.”

She had no idea what I was asking her for. So it was lilac, f’ing lilac on the rest of the journey.
2019 BMW x5 40i . premium tier . offroad package . integral active steering . parking assistance package . remote start . trailer hitch . heated seats/wheel/armrests . trailer hitch . 20" wheels . arctic gray
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 03:03 PM   #2
X5_CC
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

Do you have the option turned on for natural speech (where it sends your voice command to cloud for processing)?
Appreciate 0