Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals Test drove an almost fully loaded Dravit Gray M340i

04-20-2019, 10:11 PM   #1
hockeymen14
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i

Test drove an almost fully loaded Dravit Gray M340i

Fell in love... wife is jealous. Was exactly what I hoped it was going to be. Perfect balance between the M3, Alfa Romeo QV and the 330i. Exhaust note was blissful.

Did it handle like my 328i or the QV? Not quite, but for me it's the perfect blend. Dravit wasn't the color for me but it's an interesting blend of gray with a hint of browns in the metallic.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
DZ F30300.50
Junni88.00
      04-20-2019, 10:21 PM   #2
ByronWalter
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i xDrive

Nice to hear. I ordered one on 4/1 and expect that it might arrive around mid June. Went with mineral grey and a black interior as I want a different color combo than my current F31 wagon which, I might add, has been great. Too bad that my future G series is gonna have to wear a kayak rack but that's the way it is.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 10:35 PM   #3
BigSky702
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymen14 View Post
Did it handle like my 328i or the QV? Not quite, but for me it's the perfect blend.
Nice! But, could you elaborate on that statement?

Do you feel the QV is a better handler?? How was the acceleration?
I'm hoping to take possession next week!

Previous: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Not too distant future: ///M3 or ///M5 (ED)
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 08:03 AM   #4
hockeymen14
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i

My 328i is an 07 with sport package. I replaced all suspension components at 85,000 and it essentially drives like new. Both the QV and 328i are smaller lighter cars. They can be tossed around a little more. The QV is a totally different beast and in my opinion meant for a different purpose. In all honesty if there wasn't so much uncertainty surrounding Alfa and their future here in the states I would have purchased the QV. It has 505hp, is lighter and smaller. All good things in my opinion. It's been hashed out time and time again on here but the QV is a better drivers car if you're talking pure technicalities of driving. That said for me the M340i still blew my mind. I was truly afraid I wasn't going to like it and I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised.

I'm satisfied with M340i as the tech is far superior, the power is more than ample for me on a daily drive with a 2 and 5 yo, the Maintenace will likely be less and the initial outlay is the same or lower. That combined with the fact the BMW isn't going anywhere (and I couldn't hear my wife complain about the Alfa any longer) led me to the M340i.

Overall everyone has their reasons for a purchase but i think if you're anywhere close to my situation you'll be absolutely stoked with your purchase and won't look back. Hope this helped! Enjoy the new whip and drive safe!
Appreciate 0