F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > ID6 software upgrade - not allowing USB updates
Extreme Powerhouse

04-20-2019, 05:25 PM   #1
Darola
Rep
Drives: 420D M Sport plus Gran Coupe

ID6 software upgrade - not allowing USB updates

Long story, but I recently had to have my HU replaced, and need to recode it for Appleplay. But it seems BMW have gotten wise to usb installs. Just picked this up from another forum. I must have received the latest SW version when they installed the new HU.

"During my last oil service, the dealer had updated the software in the car. This is something called I-Step, and the version is 18-11-530. In versions 18-11-xxx, BMW has locked out .bin file loading from USB port. "

"you will have to get the E-Net cable based solution and enable CarPlay again."

I previously bought the Appleplay usb update online, but now that won’t work I need to figure out how to do it via e-net cable. I'm starting from scratch here, so any "dummies guide" pointers would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 12:48 AM   #2
sicess
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 LCI 318i

Hello, there is not any guide through which you could do it by yourself, or no publicily available source. However, if you are interesting in enabling Carplay fullscreen you can contact me with WhatsApp in my signature
Whatsapp for quick communication: +886908958631
Appreciate 0