04-18-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Damage to car before dealer delivery

Pissed off,

Euro delivery back in February, had the car on a flatbed to port not to have road damage

Also front and rear caps (tow hooks) not on dealer said they forgot to put on in Germany?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 02:35 PM   #2
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

So wait, I'm confused. Are you saying that when you dropped the car off in Europe after your ED it was fine; no damage, tow hook caps in place. Then you pick it up at your dealer in Mass and it looks like this?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 02:52 PM   #3
twintiga
Private First Class
Rep

Yikes. What a nightmare. What is the dealer willing to do?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 02:52 PM   #4
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
So wait, I'm confused. Are you saying that when you dropped the car off in Europe after your ED it was fine; no damage, tow hook caps in place. Then you pick it up at your dealer in Mass and it looks like this?
No, Euro Delivery was in February, couldn't get winter wheel rental setup (brakes to big) was told liability insurance is void if car does not have them, best to just have car transported to port by flatbed $85 euro FROM the welt

At dealer damage was found, (I never drove the car) car was a cream puff, must of happened in transit from NJ port to my dealer or my dealers detailers?

Also, snoop dogg was playing on preset in the car, just wtf, I've been waiting since December 6th
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 02:54 PM   #5
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
No, Euro Delivery was in February, couldn't get winter wheel rental setup (brakes to big) was told liability insurance is void if car does not have them, best to just have car transported to port by flatbed $85 euro FROM the welt

At dealer damage was found, (I never drove the car) car was a cream puff, must of happened in transit from NJ port to my dealer or my dealers detailers?

Also, snoop dogg was playing on preset in the car, just wtf, I've been waiting since December 6th
Sounds like someone thrashed your car around without you present. That is fucking infuriating
      04-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #6
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintiga View Post
Yikes. What a nightmare. What is the dealer willing to do?
They will Paint the bumper, will not report on vehicle history they claim AND do "something for me" I asked my son (josh 13) he said just relax dad, it's just paint nothing structural...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 02:58 PM   #7
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:

Some lot attendant drove your car up over a curb or something. Same thing happened to me when I took delivery of my previous car. They offered to respray the underside of the bumper, or, "borrow" a replacement bumper from a different car. WTF. I took the "borrowed" bumper option figuring a simple bumper swap was less likely to cause problems down the road than a respray.

Tow hook caps maybe got removed by the flatbed driver to provide anchor points to hold your car down?
Appreciate 1
NEfan5082660.00
      04-18-2019, 03:03 PM   #8
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Looks like the bumper was possibly scraped when loading/unloading car during transport. They also probably used the tow hooks to secure during transport, but misplaced the covers. When you say music was playing when you started the car, do you mean a station came on or someone had a USB drive connected to the car?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 03:05 PM   #9
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

That sucks; I know that shocking moment when you notice it..

I've gotten a dealer to pay for the repair of my bumper, to the tune of $700, when I discovered it was scratched 5 days after service.

I was surprise he was that submissive, I was expecting a lot more pushback on a reimbursement.

So it depends who you talk to at the dealership and their level of honestly. Good luck.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 03:08 PM   #10
Tag
this is the way
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post

I've gotten a dealer to pay for the repair of my bumper, to the tune of $700, when I discovered it was scratched 5 days after service.

I was surprise he was that submissive, I was expecting a lot more pushback on a reimbursement.

So it depends who you talk to at the dealership and their level of honestly. Good luck.
That's the very reason I always do a walk around with a checklist before leaving any car for service. Protects you from dealer claiming the car came in that way.
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2019, 03:08 PM   #11
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Looks like the bumper was possibly scraped when loading/unloading car during transport. They also probably used the tow hooks to secure during transport, but misplaced the covers. When you say music was playing when you started the car, do you mean a station came on or someone had a USB drive connected to the car?
Station was on full blast, old school rap, btw not bad just pissed he was blasting it in my new car

satellite radio station
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 03:10 PM   #12
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Station was on full blast, old school rap, btw not bad just pissed he was blasting it in my new car

satellite radio station
I had my plates all ready
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 04:04 PM   #13
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:

That's the very reason I always do a walk around with a checklist before leaving any car for service. Protects you from dealer claiming the car came in that way.
I totally get that but I try not to be "that guy" by anally inspecting my car right there and holding up other customers trying to leave.

However, if I do manage to notice that 'ish afterwards and I know in my heart of hearts that I didn't somehow damage it myself, I'm going to pester them until I'm satisfied.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17539.50
      04-18-2019, 04:32 PM   #14
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:

That sucks. I did ED right before you did, drove my car from Welt to drop off at Munich airport and it arrived at my dealer perfect. My guess is someone at your dealership scratched it. If it was damaged in Europe it would have been fixed at the port VPC.

I would not accept the car like that and I wouldn't want a brand new car resprayed either. Ask for BMW Europe to paint a brand new bumper for you and ship it to the US dealer to replace yours.
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #15
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Quote:

That sucks. I did ED right before you did, drove my car from Welt to drop off at Munich airport and it arrived at my dealer perfect. My guess is someone at your dealership scratched it. If it was damaged in Europe it would have been fixed at the port VPC.
Paint the bumper and ask for front ppf to hide it AND for future protection?

I think that's fair, they gave me a loaner

Also weird is the caps for both tow hooks are missing?

Replace the caps, paint my bumper and put on PPF front

They gave me a new 340 loaner, planning on getting a couple whores, smoking cigars and getting it up to 100mph to break it in
Appreciate 3
mhanism277.00
akkando5864.50
      04-18-2019, 04:51 PM   #16
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Paint the bumper and ask for front ppf to hide it AND for future protection?

I think that's fair, they gave me a loaner

Also weird is the caps for both tow hooks are missing?

Replace the caps, paint my bumper and put on PPF front

They gave me a new 340 loaner, planning on getting a couple whores, smoking cigars and getting it up to 100mph to break it in
Lollll

pick me up on the way
      04-18-2019, 05:00 PM   #17
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

dang that really sucks man
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 05:10 PM   #18
Tag
this is the way
Rep

Quote:
I totally get that but I try not to be "that guy" by anally inspecting my car right there and holding up other customers trying to leave.

However, if I do manage to notice that 'ish afterwards and I know in my heart of hearts that I didn't somehow damage it myself, I'm going to pester them until I'm satisfied.
I get it, sucks to be "that guy", but have been burned several times over the years. Actually have them pull my car to the side to inspect on arrival and when picking it up. If they can't, well don't care if others have to wait. Deal with it.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9104.50
MMMBRAP975.50
      04-18-2019, 05:15 PM   #19
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsnazos View Post
dang that really sucks man
Im 36, almost died last November (blood clots)
After hospital I ordered this car, did Euro Delivery with my son and just now came back from Santorini Greece with Mrs Miller.

Fuc*ed up front bumper and someone blasting snoop is small potatoes

Aggravated but it's not a big deal
Appreciate 3
Poochie9104.50
cptobvious2531.50
bri10425989.00
      04-18-2019, 05:42 PM   #20
Tag
this is the way
Rep

In case anyone is interested, here's a checklist I just made for the M2c. Print out two copies before heading to the dealership for service. Do the walk around at the dealer, if they find something they circle the area and write a brief description on both copies. You then sign both copies. You keep one and leave the other with dealer. Most service areas will have a checklist of their own already, but always keep a few copies in the glovebox to be prepared.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW M2 COMPETITION WALK AROUND CHECKLIST.pdf (208.5 KB, 92 views)
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 06:14 PM   #21
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
In case anyone is interested, here's a checklist I just made for the M2c. Print out two copies before heading to the dealership for service. Do the walk around at the dealer, if they find something they circle the area and write a brief description on both copies. You then sign both copies. You keep one and leave the other with dealer. Most service areas will have a checklist of their own already, but always keep a few copies in the glovebox to be prepared.
He pre set to LL cool j XL
Lol, that sob wanted that station on (saved) for future rides in my car

On the clock 32 miles, never driven it, was taken by flatbed from welt to port/processing in Germany
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 06:22 PM   #22
Tag
this is the way
Rep

Quote:
He pre set to LL cool j XL
Lol, that sob wanted that station on (saved) for future rides in my car

On the clock 32 miles, never driven it, was taken by flatbed from welt to port/processing in Germany
That really blows. Can't tell you what to do and don't know what your circumstance are. That said, if it were my car I'd walk. Sorry.
Appreciate 0