BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications Long Wait Helps to Develop an Appearance Idea

04-18-2019, 04:54 AM   #1
Old Boy
Oberstabsgefreiter
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i xdrive

Long Wait Helps to Develop an Appearance Idea

I ordered my 2019 M550i "Alpine white" in early March from a Canadian dealer, however, I've got no dependable info re tracking of the car, other than more-or-less a guess that it should be in my hands by mid May.

That is ample waiting time to ponder on different post delivery options I might implement on the car, and with the help from my wife, we've come up with a simple idea we like, although, unfortunately, we have not been able to find a picture of a similarly appointed car:

(1) Have the following components painted body colour (i.e.,"Alpine white"): front bumper brake cooling air ducts, front fender air vents trim (both come in "Cerium grey" from the factory.) Also the trim for parking assistance front camera ( comes black from the factory).
(2) Swap standard wheels for 20" 669M in solid "Orbit grey" colour (same size).
(3) Swap standard summer tires for Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ (same size).
That's it.

What do you folks think about that appearance scheme ? Any suggestions/ideas ?

Last edited by Old Boy; 04-18-2019 at 05:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 07:02 AM   #2
dlf750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i M Package

Garage List
(a) I'm sure it'll look great and (b) I personally love Alpine White with black accents - I think the cerium looks better on darker cars. and yes, paint that parking assistance camera surround white...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 07:09 AM   #3
Old Boy
Oberstabsgefreiter
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlf750 View Post
(a) I'm sure it'll look great and (b) I personally love Alpine White with black accents - I think the cerium looks better on darker cars. and yes, paint that parking assistance camera surround white...
Thanx. I hope my dealer's BMW paint shop will charge less for painting that little piece of camera trim than what it would cost to order the same pre-painted piece from the IND people. I have no experience whatsoever with car paint shops and their prices, so don't really know what to expect.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 04:17 PM   #4
Mach550
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Garage List
2019 BMW M550i  [8.00]
Only things I've done to mine so far are exhaust/rear diffuser and replacing the camera surround and front fender reflectors with body color panels. I really need to wash it and get some new pictures to throw on here.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 08:35 PM   #5
Old Boy
Oberstabsgefreiter
Canada
Rep

My dealership called today to let me know my car was in Halifax (Nova Scotia) today waiting for rail transport to Toronto. At this point I reckon it's about 10 more days of waiting left.

I am still trying to negotiate with them the upgrade to 669M wheels as well as tire substitution, as dealer installed options. The stumbling block is obviously the credit amount they'd give me for the 668M wheels and P-0 RF tires the car comes with. Sadly, in retrospect, I should have sorted out that upgrade at the time of our car order negotiations, while I still had some clout.
Appreciate 0