forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum M Package

04-16-2019, 07:18 PM   #1
stevecfo
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 series

M Package

Would like the M package 50i with the 757 wheels BMW Genius says "Yes" Dealers say "No"
What to do? I like the M package because of the Alcantara head liner.

Last edited by stevecfo; 04-17-2019 at 08:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 07:49 PM   #2
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecfo View Post
Would like the M package 50i with the 757 wheels BMW Genius says "Yes" Dealers say "No"
What to do? I like the M package because of the Anthracite liner.
You'll most likely have to buy the wheels separately and sell the others if you don't want them.
      04-16-2019, 09:04 PM   #3
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Garage List
Quote:
I, too, wanted the M package simply for the alcantara headliner but chose to go with Luxury in order to avoid the black trim and to add running boards. For that reason, I went with the navy/ivory individual trim — which is the only way to get alcantara on a Luxury. I do like the anthracite alcantara, but I’m settling for navy.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 09:31 PM   #4
DorianGray_
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missduvy View Post
Quote:
I, too, wanted the M package simply for the alcantara headliner but chose to go with Luxury in order to avoid the black trim and to add running boards. For that reason, I went with the navy/ivory individual trim — which is the only way to get alcantara on a Luxury. I do like the anthracite alcantara, but I’m settling for navy.
Ditto - I wanted chrome over the blacked out trim and I wanted the (IMO) best looking wheels. What I miss is the steering wheel and the exhaust. Still happy with my choice but I don't see why I had to make it.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 10:06 PM   #5
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

I don't know why they aren't offering the all-black 752 wheels on the M-package. If they aren't a match with the shadowline trim, I don't know what else would be...
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3682.50
      04-17-2019, 02:48 AM   #6
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Exactly. I'm in a similar boat, just like 760Lifan I want the 752 Blacked-out wheels, but HAVE to have the M-sport package. If options remain the same when I go place the order, I'll beg them for special accommodation with the 752 wheels, just like your Genius indicates. Should only be an administrative issue, not functional, like the wheels won't fit on an M-sport or something.

If, in the end, I just straight up can't get the 752 wheels on an M-sport, I'm sure I'll be plenty happy with the 754M or 755M standard options. Could always get a winter tire package built on the 752 wheels. But would be nice to have a uniform vehicle appearance year-round, not silver rims in summer and black in winter.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 06:07 AM   #7
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:
Exactly. I'm in a similar boat, just like 760Lifan I want the 752 Blacked-out wheels, but HAVE to have the M-sport package. If options remain the same when I go place the order, I'll beg them for special accommodation with the 752 wheels, just like your Genius indicates. Should only be an administrative issue, not functional, like the wheels won't fit on an M-sport or something.

If, in the end, I just straight up can't get the 752 wheels on an M-sport, I'm sure I'll be plenty happy with the 754M or 755M standard options. Could always get a winter tire package built on the 752 wheels. But would be nice to have a uniform vehicle appearance year-round, not silver rims in summer and black in winter.
For a luxury look I prefer the 22" 757 but for a sporty M package I prefer the 22" 755M (great looking).
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3682.50
      04-17-2019, 04:59 PM   #8
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianGray_ View Post
Ditto - I wanted chrome over the blacked out trim and I wanted the (IMO) best looking wheels. What I miss is the steering wheel and the exhaust. Still happy with my choice but I don't see why I had to make it.
I’ve been spec’ing this car since October and kept running into dead ends on what is/isn’t allowed on each type. Some things/colors ONLY for Luxury and others ONLY for Sport. Seems like on a car this high end, you could spec it like you want.

I wanted Dark Graphite on a Sport — it’s only on Luxury. I wanted black window trim — it’s only on Sport. Must have running boards — not available on Sport. Must have alcantara headliner — it’s only for Sport (unless you get the ivory/navy). It was like a maze, and I ended up with a less-than-what-I-wanted build.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 05:16 PM   #9
stevecfo
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 series

Exactly exactly exactly, bs.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 06:35 PM   #10
groove1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missduvy View Post
Quote:
I think BMW is leaving money on the table. I would have given them an extra $1-1.5k for an alcantera head liner. I am willing to bet BMW would have a lot more takers on that option compared to a leather dash.
Appreciate 0