F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > [SOLVED] Luggage Compartment Light Wiring - Help Needed
Studio RSR

04-15-2019, 11:50 PM   #1
eddiehatchblack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 x-Drive Wagon

[SOLVED] Luggage Compartment Light Wiring - Help Needed

[SOLVED] Cut wires behind panel.

So whoever had my car before me decided to take out the 2 lights in the luggage, and the 2 on the tailgate. Even the wiring isn't there! Could someone help me decipher the bottom of this diagram to figure out where to plug them in?

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...hting/L5nUjyFL

The modules I'm looking at are at the bottom with the label [F31]. The ones fixed to the compartment are E105 & E34. The 2 on the tailgate is labeled E121 and E73.

Here's what I've found:
Based on this diagram HERE, it uses Fuse 153 which supplies the power to these lights. I see based on the FUSE 153 diagram HERE, that they all tap through that fuse line through the REM using something called KI.30B.

The second connection to the LED is a ground, that is somehow switched on through the opening of the tailgate. It's labeled KI.31, but I can't seem to find that one in any diagrams, except that it goes through the REM somehow.

QUESTION: I'm going to run new cables to these lights. Can someone help me figure out what to tap (Posi tap) or what pin these use on the REM to get these lights working?

Last edited by eddiehatchblack; 06-12-2019 at 01:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 01:26 AM   #2
eddiehatchblack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 x-Drive Wagon

Any wiring experts out there? I found this diagram, I'm so close!

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...hting/IzAB05Vs

On the left it shows the lights. What I'm still having trouble with is the activation. The F31 has a luggage compartment, and also a glass that opens up. It looks like each of those activates their respective lights. Maybe I have to tap into one of those wires, the question is which one though?
Appreciate 0