BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Car at port 3+ weeks?

03-26-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
Ceramic Rabbit
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Honda Accord V6 Hybrid

Hey guys, just curious what the longest people had to wait with their cars at the port was. I heard from my SA that the stop sale had an official fix listed in the system, but my car arrived to Baltimore on the 8th and has still not been released.

Has anybody had to wait longer than this yet?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 10:27 PM   #2
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
I waited a while as well...arrived like Oct 20ish, but it didn't get to the dealership intil Nov 10ish.

Nobody was able to tell me any reasons for the hold up. It was very frustrating to say the least.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 07:23 AM   #3
DriftlessBimmer
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2C

With my M240i(victim of flooding) it sat in Bremerhaven for over 4 weeks..this seems different. Hopefully there isn't a problem.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 08:01 AM   #4
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Did you order any port installed accessories? Hopefully it didn't get damaged in freight but it's always a possibility if a car is held at port for this long. I don't believe damages have to be disclosed if the damages are below 6% of msrp (can vary from state to state) so when it gets delivered you should take a really good walk around prior to accepting the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 08:07 AM   #5
Ceramic Rabbit
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Did you order any port installed accessories? Hopefully it didn't get damaged in freight but it's always a possibility if a car is held at port for this long. I don't believe damages have to be disclosed if the damages are below 6% of msrp (can vary from state to state) so when it gets delivered you should take a really good walk around prior to accepting the car.
No port installed options, thanks for the heads up I will definitely check the car especially since I did ED so it had to be trucked from Munich to the port
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 08:55 AM   #6
DarthFader
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2, 135i, F23 M240i

Congrats on the new car. I did ED as well and my car stayed at port for about 2 weeks. Mine had some scratches on the hood that were not there at drop off inspection. Body shop fixed it up nice but still annoying.

So basically, inspect the hell of it when you take delivery.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 09:56 AM   #7
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Damage is definitely a possibility. It happened to me with a different manufacturer and someone else posted a couple months ago that it happened to his M2C. I think it happens more often than we know because what heavyD^2 said about them not having to disclose it.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 09:57 AM   #8
Ceramic Rabbit
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Economatic View Post
Damage is definitely a possibility. It happened to me with a different manufacturer and someone else posted a couple months ago that it happened to his M2C. I think it happens more often than we know because what heavyD^2 said about them not having to disclose it.
I actually just heard from my SA that if there is damage in shipping it gets reported in Dealernet and they can see that is why it's delayed, which is apparently not the case with my car. Maybe whether or not the dealer discloses this to you is state by state, but my SA is a good friend and former coworker so he would have let me know.

We still have no idea why it's just been sitting there for so long.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 09:03 PM   #9
Ceramic Rabbit
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quick update, dealer reached out to the port to ask what was going on and got a response that the car should be released mid-next week.

That would put my car at the port just shy of one full month, pretty absurd.

Still no info on why it took so long as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 06:31 PM   #10
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceramic Rabbit View Post
Quick update, dealer reached out to the port to ask what was going on and got a response that the car should be released mid-next week.

fyi I opened up a case with bmwna for the delay (mine was 6 weeks) and they sent me a check covering a month of financing (almost 800) for the delay. I guess similar to how a lease doesn't make you pay for a month was their offer. overall result was okay for me as I wouldn't have driven it much in the dead of winter.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 06:32 PM   #11
Ceramic Rabbit
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
Quote:

fyi I opened up a case with bmwna for the delay (mine was 6 weeks) and they sent me a check covering a month of financing (almost 800) for the delay.
Oh wow I never would have thought to do that, thank you so much for letting me know!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #12
five3three
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
Quote:

fyi I opened up a case with bmwna for the delay (mine was 6 weeks) and they sent me a check covering a month of financing (almost 800) for the delay.
Oh wow I never would have thought to do that, thank you so much for letting me know!

no problem. didn't require much just called and asked to open a case which was escalated to a supervisor. he noted my complaint and asked me to reach out to him upon delivery. I did so and he did some research for a week and that's what was offered. I received the check a week later.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 09:33 PM   #13
jasonF30
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Mine was stuck at port for a month recently. No port installed parts. My dealer said it just happens from time to time. Mine was likely affected by the stop sale and a back log. Keep bugging your SA politely hopefully it get prioritized up the list.

I FINALLY pick up the M2C tomorrow!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 12:40 PM   #14
five3three
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonF30 View Post
Mine was stuck at port for a month recently. No port installed parts. My dealer said it just happens from time to time. Mine was likely affected by the stop sale and a back log. Keep bugging your SA politely hopefully it get prioritized up the list.

I FINALLY pick up the M2C tomorrow!!!!!!!

Congrats! Unfortunately, SA's have zero influence on the VPC and it's pretty much a black box. I had to reach out to other sources who had VPC contacts to get the real details. My issue was the vehicle needed a new head unit b/c they struggled with converting the maps from germany to usa after euro delivery. So they needed to order a head unit from Germany.
Appreciate 0