BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA > BMW ConnectedDrive Canada

03-19-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
jason86
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI (AW)

BMW ConnectedDrive Canada

Have anyone tried with the remote features? I found I could only use the remote to lock the door, flash the light and make it horn. But couldn't unlock the door, and don't even talk about the remote engine start function. Can anyone confirm?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #2
magha
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 AW 6 spd

No unlocking for me either

18 M2 6 Spd AW - VRSF DP / CP & Race FMIC, ER TIC & GFB DV+ with BM3 Stage 2
Retired 09 135 JB4 G5 ISO w/BEF, N54 Tuning Performance DPs, BMS DCI, ER Charge Pipe
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 07:34 AM   #3
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

There's a bunch of discussion here.

There's no unlocking for 2017s, I don't think there is for any original M2s or LCIs, I can't speak to M2Cs. I had been told on a previous BMW that unlocking was only available via calling in for security reasons.

The engine starting is I think very limited with only some very recent models starting to offer it (and I think it's an option). In Europe they're more strict about no idling so it hasn't been offered on BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 01:09 PM   #4
jason86
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux2005 View Post
There's a bunch of discussion here.

There's no unlocking for 2017s, I don't think there is for any original M2s or LCIs, I can't speak to M2Cs. I had been told on a previous BMW that unlocking was only available via calling in for security reasons.

The engine starting is I think very limited with only some very recent models starting to offer it (and I think it's an option). In Europe they're more strict about no idling so it hasn't been offered on BMWs.
Thanks for the info! I just found it's useless for those features, and it has delay since you pressed on the button, need to wait for the signal sent from the satellite probably? Only thing useful is you can locate your car's location for security purposes. But once when you connected your phone to the car via bluetooth or USB and go through your google account, it also provides the same features anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 08:48 PM   #5
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 '18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason86 View Post
Thanks for the info! I just found it's useless for those features, and it has delay since you pressed on the button, need to wait for the signal sent from the satellite probably? Only thing useful is you can locate your car's location for security purposes. But once when you connected your phone to the car via bluetooth or USB and go through your google account, it also provides the same features anyway.
You can also use Spotify with on screen controls. Use Google home to check your cars status (not in Canada though!)
I find Spotify is the best feature also location and send maps to car.
I use the US version in Canada - works well but does not have all the features.

"I would rather cry in a BMW than smile on a bicycle." Ma Nuo
Appreciate 0