F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Newbie and a few questions
ARMA SPEED

03-18-2019, 04:16 PM   #1
SantaEugence
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

Newbie and a few questions

Hi all, proud owner of a 2014 330d xDrive auto. Few lovely extras on it like the active cruise, HUD, M sport plus, advanced parking (couldn’t get that to work), Harman sound, adaptive m sport suspension and white leather interior (love this) but annoyingly few things missed off - larger screen/nav and electric seats with mirrors but couldn’t quite find one with the full spec so close enough

Few questions I have done a quick search so humour me if these have been asked multiple times -

I think I can retrofit the larger screen but couldn’t find a step by step, I’m quite mechanical minded but new to BMW so talk of nav and software versions required is going way over my head. I’ve got ‘Business sat nav’ what do I need to change the screen to the wider version?

The damned cup holders are too small to hold anything larger than a small coffee, is that an insert which can be taken out?

The pads look new, no doubt changed by the garage I bought the car from but the brakes don’t feel very effective - I have to really push to get a good bite is this normal? I’m looking at upgrading to EBC pads as I get a good discount, possible yellow stuff. Any thoughts? Also is it possible to buy drilled 370mm discs, just because I think they look awesome not because I expect performance gains.

Speaking of discs passenger side front disc has a ring of rust around the MIDDLE which hasn’t disappeared with braking. Drivers side does not. No judder on the pedal so I’m thinking there is an issue with the disc or pads, is this a common problem?

Is there a button to sync the left and right temperature controls on the climate?

Lastly I love driving this car. The pickup from stationary is phenomenal with the xdrive even in the wet. I feel I made the right choice

Thanks all
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 04:24 PM   #2
F3085258
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

I just got my 2016 340i and noticed the cup holders are comically small. I wondered if it was 6MT thing, I guess not since you are an auto.

Can sync right/left temps on HVAC system. Read that somewhere else in the forums. This annoyed me on my old E90 M3, BMW still has not figured that out.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 05:06 PM   #3
SantaEugence
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3085258 View Post
I just got my 2016 340i and noticed the cup holders are comically small. I wondered if it was 6MT thing, I guess not since you are an auto.

Can sync right/left temps on HVAC system. Read that somewhere else in the forums. This annoyed me on my old E90 M3, BMW still has not figured that out.
Just things like a larger Water bottle or a shaker for the gym doesn’t fit and no where else you can put it

Just found the other thread on it! Clearly just need to get my OCD under control...

Also is there anywhere else aside from BMW to get a second key made up? Not comfort access. They are quoting £300 which just seems excessive for a single key
Appreciate 0