BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-09-2019, 08:27 AM   #1
Jblackbelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive50i

New Software 2019/03.22 - Siri issue

A new software upgrade was released Wednesday night and my car was given it to try and solve the BC issue not working. So far I haven't had the BC issue but my Siri hands free no longer works.

I know they made other updates as part of this, like a new sound when clicking the voice control button. Not sure what else this includes. Apparently the next major update will be in August according to what BMW told my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 08:44 AM   #2
MikeElmendorf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5/2021 M550

What version are you at now?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 08:45 AM   #3
Jblackbelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
What version are you at now?
2019/03.22
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 07:18 PM   #4
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Over the air or dealer installed?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 07:57 PM   #5
cygnusecks
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblackbelt View Post
Apparently the next major update will be in August according to what BMW told my dealer.
Yet another "major update" rumor. There was supposedly one in Jan, one the first week of March, and now this.

I think this is local BMW sales and client and service advisors just guessin agnd trying to appear to be "in the know". No offense meant jblackbelt - I'm sure you have good intentions, but the last couple of months have really helped me see that we (including you, me, and our dealers) have no actual connection to BMW corporate, they have a fantastic lock on their market and pricing controls. Still like the car though.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 07:59 PM   #6
Jblackbelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
Over the air or dealer installed?
Dealer installed
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 08:00 PM   #7
Jblackbelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnusecks View Post
Quote:
Apparently the next major update will be in August according to what BMW told my dealer.
Yet another "major update" rumor. There was supposedly one in Jan, one the first week of March, and now this.

I think this is local BMW sales and client and service advisors just guessin agnd trying to appear to be "in the know". No offense meant jblackbelt - I'm sure you have good intentions, but the last couple of months have really helped me see that we (including you, me, and our dealers) have no actual connection to BMW corporate, they have a fantastic lock on their market and pricing controls. Still like the car though.
I can appreciate your stance. While I don't have connections for software I do have connections at corporate....otherwise I wouldn't have the options I have in my car (like display key or ambient air) nor would I have been able to get the air suspension with msport (they changed the order guide after I requested this configuration)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 08:06 PM   #8
cygnusecks
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 (G05)

Quote:
I can appreciate your stance. While I don't have connections for software I do have connections at corporate....otherwise I wouldn't have the options I have in my car (like display key or ambient air) nor would I have been able to get the air suspension with msport (they changed the order guide after I requested this configuration)
Nice! Can you ask your connections about why curb lights don't work and why the auto braking never brakes? Many people have been wondering about this in various threads and BMW corporate has remained silent.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 08:07 PM   #9
Jblackbelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Nice! Can you ask your connections about why curb lights don't work and why the auto braking never brakes? Many people have been wondering about this in various threads and BMW corporate has remained silent.
Sure. Next time I talk to them I will.
Appreciate 2
mnewnam269.50
kleo12.00
      03-09-2019, 08:30 PM   #10
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Please convince them to just offer the damn ambient air in the US as an option. I would've loved to have that in mine For what it's worth the software bug with Siri could be something on your phone's side? my work iPhone just got an update the other day
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 08:59 PM   #11
Jblackbelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Please convince them to just offer the damn ambient air in the US as an option. I would've loved to have that in mine For what it's worth the software bug with Siri could be something on your phone's side? my work iPhone just got an update the other day
I agree but only special ordered. I tried for the sky lounge roof but it was not crash test approved for the X5 in the US. Should be available later this year though

Unfortunately I am already at the latest software
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 09:47 PM   #12
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree but only special ordered. I tried for the sky lounge roof but it was not crash test approved for the X5 in the US. Should be available later this year though

I tried having the Executive team make an exception for the display key and ambient air, they denied both. Sky Lounge would be great, I figured it would launch after the X7 to give it an exclusive slot like the 7 Series
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 11:39 AM   #13
Jblackbelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I tried having the Executive team make an exception for the display key and ambient air, they denied both. Sky Lounge would be great, I figured it would launch after the X7 to give it an exclusive slot like the 7 Series
No plans for ambient air as of now since the last time I spoke to them... Only skylounge.

Cool new feature of 2019/03.22 is rear view camera actually makes it look like your bumper is turning when you turn your steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 11:59 AM   #14
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No plans for ambient air as of now since the last time I spoke to them... Only skylounge.

Cool new feature of 2019/03.22 is rear view camera actually makes it look like your bumper is turning when you turn your steering wheel
Too bad, at least Sky Lounge is coming.

That's nothing new. my X3 did the same. Is it enabled by default now? if you select the 'Auto' camera view it always swiveled on the X5 too.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 04:40 PM   #15
Slaktaren
G05sweden
Sweden
Rep
Drives: X5M50D

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have both the lounge roof and ambient air in my g05 as it is available in Europe. The ambient air is really nice. The sky lounge roof is hardly noticeable as the led is in my opinion is to weak. I got the display key with the car but only use the traditional key as the display key is big and heavy. I have tried the NFC keycard but that has no point if you have keyless go. The digital key for my Samsung will be activated on Friday and I think that solution will be mostly used as you always bring your phone. If I only had one which I would go for Ambient air.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2019, 05:13 PM   #16
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaktaren View Post
I have both the lounge roof and ambient air in my g05 as it is available in Europe. The ambient air is really nice. The sky lounge roof is hardly noticeable as the led is in my opinion is to weak. I got the display key with the car but only use the traditional key as the display key is big and heavy. I have tried the NFC keycard but that has no point if you have keyless go. The digital key for my Samsung will be activated on Friday and I think that solution will be mostly used as you always bring your phone. If I only had one which I would go for Ambient air.
I can see that, are the LEDs really that dim st night? Ambient air is nice to have so your car can always smell fresh. I mainly want my phone as a digital key for when I'm st the gym/backup if I misplaced my key and or wallet
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 12:56 AM   #17
Slaktaren
G05sweden
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I can see that, are the LEDs really that dim st night? Ambient air is nice to have so your car can always smell fresh. I mainly want my phone as a digital key for when I'm st the gym/backup if I misplaced my key and or wallet
Quote:
Quote:
in my opinion they could be stronger light. I had to tell tell my kids that there is a sky lounge else they would not even noticed it.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 06:06 AM   #18
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
in my opinion they could be stronger light. I had to tell tell my kids that there is a sky lounge else they would not even noticed it.
that's disappointing, do you like in a really well lit area? It's so dark here at night that it would likely seem brighter
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #19
Slaktaren
G05sweden
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
that's disappointing, do you like in a really well lit area? It's so dark here at night that it would likely seem brighter
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We live in Sweden and have what I believe normal dark nights. The sky is not lit up by city lights where I live.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 01:23 PM   #20
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
We live in Sweden and have what I believe normal dark nights. The sky is not lit up by city lights where I live.
I live in the middle of nowhere basically so there are 0 lights in my neighborhood and around for a free miles unless I go into town
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 07:37 PM   #21
mnewnam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 Mineral White X5MC

Dealer wants me to wait until it's within 2k of an oil change so I can bring it in then which will be a few months. They want to give BMW more time to fix issues. My main complaints are poor CarPlay which is probably partly Apples fault and the BC button stops working and I lose all data except for speed from the HUD. I also lose street names in the instrument cluster. Rebooting iDrive fixes the HUD and instrument cluster data issue. I think part of the issue is BMW isn't telling them what the updates are fixing unless there's a service bulletin that they can reference. While they are great people, I'm growing tired of going to the dealer and being in a loaner. Just had the KAFAS replaced and software was updated to the latest they had early last week of 2018/11.65.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 09:21 AM   #22
gsanto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2011 550; 2004 X5

What is the KAFAS?
Appreciate 0