Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum What packages are actually worth ordering?

03-06-2019, 10:26 PM   #1
BLVCKBURN
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '24 - G82 - M4x Comp

What packages are actually worth ordering?

Out of all the packages, Executive, Driving Assistance, Premium ect, which ones are actually worth it? What did you order? Why? It helps to see your view on the packages.
      03-07-2019, 06:16 AM   #2
phillyd2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i XDrive

Only YOU can answer that. I looked through to see which I didn't want and couldn't find one.
Appreciate 2
Pauleebe379.50
mnikhil111.00
      03-07-2019, 07:23 AM   #3
Aspen78
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW ‘19 330i xDrive MSpo

I didn’t get any of them. I added options that I wanted and ordered.

This is a great advantage of building and ordering your car from factory. Build in the way you want and don’t pay for the stuff you don’t need.

When dealers order cars, most cars if not all will have a package on it plus some options. Obviously, hiking up that MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 08:02 AM   #4
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDrivingSoccerMom View Post
I didn't get any of them. I added options that I wanted and ordered.

This is a great advantage of building and ordering your car from factory. Build in the way you want and don't pay for the stuff you don't need.

When dealers order cars, most cars if not all will have a package on it plus some options. Obviously, hiking up that MSRP.
This doesn't make sense, can you elaborate on your order? The majority of options are only available in packages. You can't order a bmw a la carte even with a factory order you are still restricted to what the order guide allows. EDIT: realized you are in Canada... OP was referencing USA orders . Canada does seem to have a few more a la carte choices but not many more.

For OP: my personal opinion on an M340 is definitely want premium and the driver assist pro with the active cruise, traffic jam assist etc. probably grudgingly the exec package for the better looking drl and laser lights. I don't need gesture control, especially in version 1.0, but will play with it from time to time. And my car would never see the track so I would skip the M cooling and tire pack. Instead of pilot sport 4s from the factory I would be putting on pilot sport A/S 3+ after delivery
Appreciate 1
Pauleebe379.50
      03-07-2019, 08:16 AM   #5
Aspen78
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW ‘19 330i xDrive MSpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
This doesn't make sense, can you elaborate on your order? The majority of options are only available in packages. You can't order a bmw a la carte even with a factory order you are still restricted to what the order guide allows.

For OP: my personal opinion on an M340 is definitely want premium and the driver assist pro with the active cruise, traffic jam assist etc. probably grudgingly the exec package for the better looking drl and laser lights. I don't need gesture control, especially in version 1.0, but will play with it from time to time. And my car would never see the track so I would skip the M cooling and tire pack. Instead of pilot sport 4s from the factory I would be putting on pilot sport A/S 3+ after delivery
Well, I did. I’m American. I see what you are saying.

I was thinking this way...

I didn’t get any of the three packages (main) listed by other poster. I was primarily referring to not getting the executive, luxury, comfort...the primary packages that bundle a lot of options together.

Model 193W 330i xDrive Sedan USD 42,250.00
Color C31 Portimao Blue Metallic 550.00
Upholstery KCSW Black SensaTec N/C
Options ZMP M Sport Package 5,000.00
2VL Variable sport steering
322 Comfort Access keyless entry
3DZ Without Lines designation outside
488 Lumbar support
4AW SensaTec Dashboard
5AS Active Driving Assistant
655 SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 1year All Acc...
337 M Sport Package N/C
1PR†19" M Double-spoke jet black wheels, ... N/C
4KA†Fine-wood trim oak grain open-pored N/C
5A1 LED Fog Lights
704 M sport suspension
710 M steering wheel
715 Aerodynamic kit
760 Shadowline exterior trim
775 Anthracite headliner
258 Runflat tires N/C
2TB Sport Automatic Transmission N/C
2VB Tire pressure monitor N/C
302 Alarm System N/C
319 Universal garage-door opener N/C
430 Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors N/C
431 Auto-dimming rearview mirror N/C
459 Power Front Seats N/C
493 Storage package N/C
494 Heated front seats 500.00
508 Park Distance Control 200.00
534 Automatic climate control N/C
5A4 LED Headlights with Cornering Lights N/C
5AL Active Protection N/C
5AV Active Guard N/C
65A CD Player Prep N/C
676 Hi-fi sound system N/C
6AK ConnectedDrive Services N/C
6C4 Connected Package Pro N/C
6CP Apple CarPlay Compatibility with 1 Year Trial N/C
6U3 Live Cockpit Pro (incl. Navi) 1,600.00
8KL Oil Chg 10,000 mls/12 months N/C
8TN Daytime driving lights N/C
925 Shipping package N/C
ZN1 Active Blind Spot Detection N/C
ZTM Tier 2 N/C
Net Total 50,100.00
Destination Charge 995.00
Total Suggested Price 51,095.00

Last edited by Aspen78; 03-07-2019 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 12:36 PM   #6
mcg88
Rep
Drives: g20

The drive assist package is worth it in my opinion if you are in areas with regular traffic.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #7
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FknLeon View Post
Out of all the packages, Executive, Driving Assistance, Premium ect, which ones are actually worth it? What did you order? Why? It helps to see your view on the packages.
The Convenience pkg and the Premium pkg have everything package-wise that I care to have. I don’t care for all the little nannies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDrivingSoccerMom View Post
I didn’t get any of them. I added options that I wanted and ordered.

This is a great advantage of building and ordering your car from factory. Build in the way you want and don’t pay for the stuff you don’t need.

By ordering the M Sport line you effectively ordered the Convenience pkg.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

03-12-2019, 04:52 PM   #8
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Garage List
I put in everything except for gesture control and the M Sport differential.

Gesture control is a nice little gimmick, but doesn't do anything. I have it on my G05 and never use it, sometimes it even recognizes my hand movement as a gesture when I didn't even mean to make a gesture. So I just left it out. As for the M Sport differential, I didn't feel like it was something that I needed, especially on a 330. If it was an M340, I might have put it in just for the sake of completeness.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 11:08 PM   #9
BLVCKBURN
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '24 - G82 - M4x Comp

After seeing numerous reviews and videos on the 2019 3 Series Driving Assistance Pro, I might exclude the package from my build. Hmm.
      03-14-2019, 10:47 AM   #10
bimmercarn
Rep
Drives: '19 BMW 330i xDrive

The options/packages are different and more simplified in Canada, but here is my opinion:

1. M-Sport package is a must. I also upgraded the brakes to M Sport (the Audi vs BMW vs Mercedes video points out the standard BMW brakes are inferior to the other two brands). Adaptive M suspension is also something that is worth considering, since the passive M Sport can be a little harsh I've read.

2. Premium Package - there are 3 levels in Canada, each one with progressively more features. I opted for the top package (Premium Excellence) since it includes everything. The "extras" you get in the top package are laser lights, leather, driving assistant professional, heated seats, harman/kardon sound system, etc. which make this worthwhile to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 10:51 AM   #11
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

For ME. It is everything except smoker pkg.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 08:34 AM   #12
DocB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

What exactly is the difference between Drivers assistant Package and the Drivers Assistances Pro?
2015 435 GC
2015 X1
2016 X1
2018 ///M2
2020 M340i
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 09:26 AM   #13
moonboy
Enlisted Member
Solomon Islands
Rep
Drives: cartt

Done order in EU as thats where I live, the packages/options are likely different in US.
My selection is coming mostly from me driving & repairing my e90 320d for past 10 years and seeing what was good and what was bad about that particular car.
* Sport Line - Took it coz its the cheapest one coming with Sport Seats, I love those from my X1. Also comes with PDC, LED Fog, Automatic Air conditioning, Sport steering wheel and extra storage compartments, automatic dimming of interior mirror. Also some functional/interior finish options have lower price within Sport Line package.
+ Hi-Fi, the default BMW sound quality was "meh"
+ Sunroof - Good for summer, for city driving can avoid running AC all the time
+ Heated front seats and steering wheel - very nice for winter.
+ Qi charging for phone - sick of 12V chargers, and fiddling trying to connect phone to charger while driving.
+ BMW Cockpit plus - this one you must order as minimum if you want to have GPS Navi
+ 18" wheels - those are first size with 255 wide rear tyres, 17" have 225. The 17" seems too muddy in corners for 3er and 19" are too harsh on shitty roads we have around here.

Didn't went for M Sport package, as lower ground clearance and harsher suspension is problematic with curbs and any road imperfections. Its also kinda silly in my opinion to put M Sport package on a 4-banger. But I like electronic differential which available only in M Sport.
Didn't put any driving assistance systems as I found them to be distracting.
Didn't went for adaptive suspension and other gimmicks as I fear how much those gonna cost to fix once warranty expires and those will be sourced only from BMW for a BMW prices.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 03:42 PM   #14
Lemuecg20
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M sport

So this is my order. I’m in Germany, pending delivery late May on US SPEC G20.

Typ 193W 330i xDrive Sedan
Lack B39 Mineral Grey Metallic
Polster MANL Black Vernasca Leather w/blue contrast stitching/piping
SA ZDY Driving Assistance Professional Package
5AR Extended Traffic Jam Assistant for limited access highways
ZMP M Sport Package
2VL Variable sport steering
322 Comfort Access keyless entry
3DZ Without Lines designation outside
488 Lumbar support
4AW SensaTec Dashboard
5AU+ Active Driving Assistant Pro
655 SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 1year AllAccess Subscription
ZPK Parking Assistance Package
5DN Parking Assistant Plus
ZX1 Active Park Distance Control
ZX2 Rear view camera
ZX3 Surround View w/ 3D View
494 Heated front seats
610 Head-up Display
337 M Sport Package
1PM+ 19" M Double-spoke bi-color jet blackwheels, style 791M with all-season rft 4KL+ Interior trim finishers Aluminium 'Mesheffect'
5A1 LED Fog Lights
704 M sport suspension
710 M steering wheel
715 Aerodynamic kit
760 Shadowline exterior trim
775 Anthracite headliner
1CB CO2 content
1CR Remote Engine Start
258 Runflat tires
2TB Sport Automatic Transmission
2VB Tire pressure monitor
302 Alarm System
319 Universal garage-door opener
403 Moonroof
428 Warning triangle
430 Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors 431 Auto-dimming rearview mirror
459 Power Front Seats
465 Split fold-down-rear seat
481 Sport seats
493 Storage package
4NE Blow-by heater
4UR Ambient Lighting
534 Automatic climate control
5A4 LED Headlights with Cornering Lights
5AL Active Protection
5AV Active Guard
5DS Emergency trunk release
645 Radio control US
65A CD Player Prep
688 Harman Kardon surround sound system 6AC BMW Assist eCall
6AE BMW TeleServices
6AK ConnectedDrive Services
6C4 Connected Package Pro
6CP Apple CarPlay Compatibility with 1 YearTrial 6U3 Live Cockpit Pro (incl. Navi)
823 Hot climate version
842 Cold climate version
845 Acoustic belt warning
853 Language Version English
8EK Control body
8KL Oil Chg 10,000 mls/12 months
8R9 Refrigerant
8SM Visible chassis number
8TN Daytime driving lights
925 Shipping package
992 characteristic control attachment
9AA Transport protection
$50,000
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 04:22 PM   #15
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonboy View Post
Done order in EU as thats where I live, the packages/options are likely different in US.
My selection is coming mostly from me driving & repairing my e90 320d for past 10 years and seeing what was good and what was bad about that particular car.
* Sport Line - Took it coz its the cheapest one coming with Sport Seats, I love those from my X1. Also comes with PDC, LED Fog, Automatic Air conditioning, Sport steering wheel and extra storage compartments, automatic dimming of interior mirror. Also some functional/interior finish options have lower price within Sport Line package.
+ Hi-Fi, the default BMW sound quality was "meh"
+ Sunroof - Good for summer, for city driving can avoid running AC all the time
+ Heated front seats and steering wheel - very nice for winter.
+ Qi charging for phone - sick of 12V chargers, and fiddling trying to connect phone to charger while driving.
+ BMW Cockpit plus - this one you must order as minimum if you want to have GPS Navi
+ 18" wheels - those are first size with 255 wide rear tyres, 17" have 225. The 17" seems too muddy in corners for 3er and 19" are too harsh on shitty roads we have around here.

Didn't went for M Sport package, as lower ground clearance and harsher suspension is problematic with curbs and any road imperfections. Its also kinda silly in my opinion to put M Sport package on a 4-banger. But I like electronic differential which available only in M Sport.
Didn't put any driving assistance systems as I found them to be distracting.
Didn't went for adaptive suspension and other gimmicks as I fear how much those gonna cost to fix once warranty expires and those will be sourced only from BMW for a BMW prices.
I kind of agree with m-sport, I've decided i'm not ordering that this time, the "M" look seems ridiculous on the base car and body kit that does nothing isn't worth paying extra for. Last time around I got m-sport to get estoril blue and the much nicer steering wheel, but this time the wheels are barely different.

In the US we can't get the base model anymore which is great, so every car has sport seats... and all our cars have moonroof and start with 18s so for me I'm going to order live cockpit pro, sport line, and the 360 parking package and "convenience package" and be quite happy with only 2 options on my car.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 05:23 PM   #16
FunBim
United_States
Rep
Drives: in Sports mode

I'm thinking of adding the Driving Assistance Prof package in my order but I have recently seen owners reporting "Driver Assistance support reduced" error messages.

Is the issue related to this Pro package (sensors)? or even the base Driving Assistance package may have the issue as well?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 08:54 AM   #17
BigSky702
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

I'm bad, I usually tick everything…. better to have it, and not need it, …

I didn't follow my advice this time, and even though I'm not tracking the car, and it makes no difference on normal DD, I want the bigger brakes!!!

Previous: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Not too distant future: ///M3 or ///M5 (ED)
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 09:30 AM   #18
Lemuecg20
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky702 View Post

I didn't follow my advice this time, and even though I'm not tracking the car, and it makes no difference on normal DD, I want the bigger brakes!!!
I had the big brakes ordered then found out the they required an additional mandatory$700 for adaptive suspension and decided not to get them, instead ordered the DAP and Real leather for the same price.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 10:27 AM   #19
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunBim View Post
I'm thinking of adding the Driving Assistance Prof package in my order but I have recently seen owners reporting "Driver Assistance support reduced" error messages.

Is the issue related to this Pro package (sensors)? or even the base Driving Assistance package may have the issue as well?
I think there was maybe one post about this? I wouldn't not order a package due to that.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 12:58 PM   #20
CrownRoyal79
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky702 View Post

I bought 20" M-Performance wheels and they will obviously look better with the bigger brakes. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it but I would have ordered the track package too if anybody knew it included the brake upgrade. I couldn't care less about the oil cooler since my car will never see a race track.
Appreciate 0