F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Tuning North Manchester/Burnley area
Studio RSR

03-06-2019, 04:49 PM   #1
DarrenSL
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Tuning North Manchester/Burnley area

Has anyone used BHP UK in Burnley for remapping work? Any good? Or any other recommendations in the area?

I'm hoping to get up to 380bhp & 740nm torque. Has anyone had any problems at this level with all original stock ?

Also, I don't want to reignite the to-insure or not-to-insure debate, but has anyone ever seen or heard of an insurance company check for a remap on a visually unmodified car? I don't mind paying a reasonable uplift (say £100) but don't want to be flagged if I enquire! I'm with AA insurance fwiw.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 06:00 AM   #2
T20najam
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 335D

Hi mate I’m from Burnley and have a bluespark tuning box but hoping to get a dms remap. They provide a mobile service and could talk to them if you’re interested in doing together?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 05:18 PM   #3
DarrenSL
Rep

Thanks mate. It’s early days for me at the moment so just looking around at this stage with a view to possibly getting it done late spring or early summer. I would have to be 100% confident before I let anyone near my Ecu so looking for recommendations at this stage.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 05:09 AM   #4
T20najam
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSL View Post
Thanks mate. It’s early days for me at the moment so just looking around at this stage with a view to possibly getting it done late spring or early summer. I would have to be 100% confident before I let anyone near my Ecu so looking for recommendations at this stage.
Course, check up on dms they are possibly the best at this and when the time comes just give me a shout!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 08:13 AM   #5
ahmedb
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Silverstone M3

You are in Manchester so why not check out Unicorn Motor Developments? They map plenty of BMW's and I had my 340i mapped there. No complaints whatsoever and the car is now a different beast altogether with MPPSK and a map.

Now, I just need to ditch those awful Bridgestone ditch finders
      03-08-2019, 09:57 AM   #6
Michalux
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i

More-BHP in Crew. They are spot on
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 07:35 PM   #7
DarrenSL
Rep

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I've have Unicorn on my list as they have been recommended on this forum recently. DMS look like a serious operation but aren't they based down south? I like the look of MoreBHP as well and Crewe isn't too far away. Their short commentary on the 335d sounds like they know the car.

https://www.more-bhp.com/bmw-3-serie...ecu-remap.html

Sorry to extend the thread but, does remapping change the 'day to day' characteristics of the drive? 90% of the time my driving is sedentary in the 1000-3000 rev range. I like the smooth and quiet driving experience with the effortless torque that 35d offers. I wouldn't want to lose that.

All I want really is even more of the straight line acceleration and g-force that the car already excels at. I don't want super loud exhausts, whistling turbos and clouds of black smoke!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 07:54 PM   #8
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSL View Post
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I've have Unicorn on my list as they have been recommended on this forum recently. DMS look like a serious operation but aren't they based down south? I like the look of MoreBHP as well and Crewe isn't too far away. Their short commentary on the 335d sounds like they know the car.

https://www.more-bhp.com/bmw-3-serie...ecu-remap.html

Sorry to extend the thread but, does remapping change the 'day to day' characteristics of the drive? 90% of the time my driving is sedentary in the 1000-3000 rev range. I like the smooth and quiet driving experience with the effortless torque that 35d offers. I wouldn't want to lose that.

All I want really is even more of the straight line acceleration and g-force that the car already excels at. I don't want super loud exhausts, whistling turbos and clouds of black smoke!

Sounds like you should go to Unicorn. Had mine done there and sounds just like what you want. Docile as standard day to day but hit the pedal and it just goes. No extra noise smoke etc - just horizon catching acceleration.

No real difference in fuel consumption either and way cheaper than Dms.
      03-09-2019, 04:43 AM   #9
seenthelight!
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw 435d f32 coupe

not really far from you, but try gbw tuning http://www.gbwtuning.co.uk/.
had mine done, and totally transformed the car, and his prices are ridiculously low - £270 for a custom remap, 370bhp, 720nm, 435d
check out his reviews, v v good reputation within bmw community