BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Remus Exhaust installed

03-04-2019, 01:15 PM   #1
Punitive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Smile Remus Exhaust installed

Initial thoughts:

Build quality is absolutely perfect like a piece of art. With their history, there wasn't any doubt but was thoroughly impressed with the packaging and build quality. Of course, this an exhaust nobody will see underside the car but can appreciate the quality especially at this price point. @RemusUSA 5 stars.

Install:

Was going to take it to a shop for install but got impatient. Install was about easy at it gets. Simple tools and everything lined up perfect another shout out to Remus. Install valve motors etc all super easy. Only needed two person help on lining up mufflers with diffuser and tip adjustment.

I think the straight pipe center is the way to go on this car.

Sound:

Now to the most important part. I think Vic55 said it best with the duality of this exhaust. On first start, it was a complete different tone. More growl and a deep bassy sound. The cold start idle down is just sexy. I don't have the competition car and can appreciate the fewer fake pops and crackles, it isn't needed with this system. The turbos now give a pleasant subtle whine down when the revs return to idle.

The tone does get more exotic as the rpm's increase and the pops on shifts are insane.

What still amazes me is how damn insulated this car is. I disconnected ASD (crazy how much fake sound gets pumped in the cabin) A very slight increase in cabin noise, with valves closed I am at stock cabin noise levels. Very pleased.

There is no doubt from the outside there is some serious music being put out and it is just the right volume not obnoxious or anything.

I don't have anything to compare it to other than stock with M-Sport center. Worth every penny. The car is now complete for me. Racechip withstanding.

Now how do I video this thing for you all. Iphone just doesn't do it justice.
Attached Images

Last edited by Punitive; 03-04-2019 at 06:19 PM..
Appreciate 7
r33_RGSport12803.00
Vic5518965.50
Simon H874.50
RemusUSA227.50
SAFSF9043.50
VeNoM__M5383.00
      03-04-2019, 02:38 PM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Congrats!!!
It is one of the best sounding exhaust system for F90 M5.

Last week, I also just installed another set for local customer's CP.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 2
Punitive147.00
RemusUSA227.50
      03-04-2019, 05:09 PM   #3
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Awesome brother and DIY man himself...
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 3
r33_RGSport12803.00
Punitive147.00
RemusUSA227.50
      03-05-2019, 02:36 AM   #4
bluem2
Private
Rep
Drives: lbb m2

I had mine installed 3 weeks back and it sounds great. I drove it for 2 weeks before going away for a week. Today drove it for the first time after a week and it went into limp mode with a drivetrain error when I tried to overtake a truck when it downshifted in auto. Not sure if it is related to the Remus exhaust but it is the only thing that I have done to do car
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 03:09 AM   #5
soopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Love to random installation location and dual car jack action =D
Appreciate 1
Punitive147.00
      03-06-2019, 08:18 PM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats and thank you for sharing!!

Best sounding exhaust

Note: Its back in stock

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
Punitive147.00
RemusUSA227.50
      04-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #7
RemusUSA
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: One of each

REMUS M5 Cat Back

@Punitive Thank you for your support and for your review of the system. We hope you are enjoying it.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 02:58 PM   #8
SAFSF90
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punitive View Post
Initial thoughts:

Build quality is absolutely perfect like a piece of art. With their history, there wasn't any doubt but was thoroughly impressed with the packaging and build quality. Of course, this an exhaust nobody will see underside the car but can appreciate the quality especially at this price point. @RemusUSA 5 stars.

Install:

Was going to take it to a shop for install but got impatient. Install was about easy at it gets. Simple tools and everything lined up perfect another shout out to Remus. Install valve motors etc all super easy. Only needed two person help on lining up mufflers with diffuser and tip adjustment.

Sound:

Now to the most important part. I think Vic55 said it best with the duality of this exhaust. On first start, it was a complete different tone. More growl and a deep bassy sound. The cold start idle down is just sexy. I don't have the competition car and can appreciate the fewer fake pops and crackles, it isn't needed with this system. The turbos now give a pleasant subtle whine down when the revs return to idle.

The tone does get more exotic as the rpm's increase and the pops on shifts are insane.

What still amazes me is how damn insulated this car is. I disconnected ASD (crazy how much fake sound gets pumped in the cabin) A very slight increase in cabin noise, with valves closed I am at stock cabin noise levels. Very pleased.

There is no doubt from the outside there is some serious music being put out and it is just the right volume not obnoxious or anything.

I don't have anything to compare it to other than stock with M-Sport center. Worth every penny. The car is now complete for me. Racechip withstanding.

Love the deep sound of Remus exhaust. Good choice !!
Appreciate 1
RemusUSA227.50
      04-12-2019, 03:47 PM   #9
Punitive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemusUSA View Post
@Punitive Thank you for your support and for your review of the system. We hope you are enjoying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFSF90 View Post
Love the deep sound of Remus exhaust. Good choice !!
Such a good product. Now with about 1500 miles or so the tone is really settling in. Receive tons of compliments. I need to get some sound clips uploaded.
Appreciate 1
RemusUSA227.50
      04-26-2019, 11:03 AM   #10
hybrid_eg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 90 S13, 22 MSP, 23 JLUR 4xe

Very nice!! So BMW finally decided to split OEM exhaust system into two pieces unlike on F10?

Thumbsup on the DIY.. I cant wait to get my lift so i'll be doing as much DIY as possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 01:17 PM   #11
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punitive View Post
Initial thoughts:

Install:

Sound:

Hi Punitive,
Can i ask where you jacked the car up from, and where you put the axle stands ?. Ive had a quick look, but i dont fancy using the diff, or the rear subframe ?. TIA
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 02:44 PM   #12
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Maybe I am very picky but new exhaust would go on grass or cardboard
Punitive147.00
M 4EVER191.00
      05-02-2019, 12:26 AM   #13
mike@x-ph.com