BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Lead Time for Individual Paint/Interior

02-25-2019, 01:53 PM   #1
jamesms69
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Sport Wagon

Lead Time for Individual Paint/Interior

I intend to place an order this week for a new M550i. I've searched around in the forum a bit but couldn't find a concentrated forum about lead times for Individual paints/interiors. Specifically, I'm looking at Champagne Quartz Metallic over Carmel; just paint and leather, no other special requests.

The dealer I'm working with stated about 4 months for an individual order, which would push real close to my current lease expiration. It seems in some cases, they can be finished sooner, and in others take even longer. For what it is worth, mine would be east coast delivery.

If you have ordered a G30 with Individual options, I'd love to hear how long it took from order to delivery. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 02:28 PM   #2
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

I ordered late August and received allocation first week of Sept. Got an early November build and took delivery mid January. Had individual paint but everything else was "normal" - dealer said the paint pushed my build back about a month from what it would have been otherwise. I also would have been able to pick up just before Christmas had I taken delivery at my dealer - I chose to do PCD and between their schedule and working around the holidays, my car spent ~three weeks just sitting in SC waiting for me to show up.

If your dealer does not yet have an allocation for you, it can be completely up in the air.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 02:57 PM   #3
Skyrider01
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix, 2020 330i

I placed an order for an M550i 2 weeks ago. The dealer did not have an allocation at the time, but said it most likely would be in April. I was considering going with the Merino leather interior, and he told me that would only add a couple of weeks to the build. I ended up sticking with the Mocha Nappa because I didn't want to order the Tartufo Merino without actually seeing it in a car. My car is now scheduled for production 3rd week of March.

Note that this is for the interior only, I have no idea about the lead time for the individual paint.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 03:03 PM   #4
jamesms69
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Sport Wagon

Dealer just called back to inform me they have an allocation for the Champagne Quartz over Carmel already with a March build date! They just need to change the other options around. Unless it get's pushed out, I now presume I could have this car in April sometime! Just waiting for the pricing worksheet to place my order.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 03:05 PM   #5
Bimmertrashjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i

Ready to place order at beginning of August with no allocations for individual paint. Locked down allocation with ind paint approval mid September. Build started Oct 17th and arrived at port Oct 22nd. Took delivery Dec 4th. Not bad considering I was told individual paint allocations wouldn't be available until January.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 07:22 PM   #6
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Awesome that your dealer already has an allocation for indiv paint. From what I can recall the paint can cause longer delays than interior as they only run the individual colors in the paint booth on certain PWs or something like that.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 07:59 PM   #7
NYCBMWFAN
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335Xi Coupe; 2016 Audi S6

Anyone know if you can order Black Full or Black Extended Merino leather in an m550 or only the 3 individual options listed on the Configurator?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 09:45 AM   #8
Bimmertrashjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBMWFAN View Post
Anyone know if you can order Black Full or Black Extended Merino leather in an m550 or only the 3 individual options listed on the Configurator?
I believe they would have to request through individual and that can be iffy at times. I was told I couldn't with no reasoning except they wouldn't approve, although I got individual paint.
:
Appreciate 0