BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Transfer case VTG Error

02-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #1
f90_FTW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Transfer case VTG Error

Tuned my car, did a couple launch controls to test 0-60 improvements.

Didn't even do more than 10 pulls total. More likely 3-6 pulls. Car starting giving restraint error, 4 wheel drive error. And number of other errors.

Turns out the VTG module went bad because of the launch control pulls. Had to take off my DP's and intake so I wouldn't get any trouble at the dealership.

I'm concerned this part on the car is delicate, like I said I only did 3-6 pulls and it went bad. Car only has 3k miles on it. God knows how much it would cost outside of warranty for parts and labor.

Anyone know anything about this or had this experience? I'm scared to put any tune on my car anymore because Of It. Not about to take my other parts on and off on a monthly basis. To continually get this fixed. It's not cheap.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 10:04 PM   #2
M5speed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5

Garage List
I did have it also very briefly and it went away. I remember the dealer had to have some type of traveling supervisor in the area from BMW adjust some coding on the car and haven't had it since.
Appreciate 0