BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    M Performance Exhaust drive video

02-19-2019, 12:42 PM   #1
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Had a chance to record a few drive videos and here is couple of them. It's not perfect as I am still playing around with microphone positioning and different windsocks. You'll notice that the "pops" sometimes distorts the microphone but i does give a good idea of the sounds the exhaust makes. If anyone has any advice to offer on how to limit the distortion ill take it

Last edited by Ever34; 02-19-2019 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 4
Neptune71416.00
shoei7778.00
Punitive147.00
MCOMP198.00
      02-19-2019, 01:32 PM   #2
Steeve19M5CP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 MBB Blue M5 Competition

I like it sounds mean....a step up to the M-sport comp exhaust with more burble on down shifts
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo-Manual 6spd -Giallo Midas Pearl Yellow-Modified
2018 Range Rover Velar S-White
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 01:37 PM   #3
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

My fear for myself is - eventuri and Keller lower dp's... My cars been getting louder and louder as everything breaks in... MP or any exhaust just might make it unbearable...

That and she's about to get a custom tune...

Legit unsure which direction to go, but MP and Remus remain top choices, for me and what I'm going for... Some people like understated and others like pure mayhem...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 03:51 PM   #4
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
My fear for myself is - eventuri and Keller lower dp's... My cars been getting louder and louder as everything breaks in... MP or any exhaust just might make it unbearable...

Legit unsure which direction to go, but MP and Remus remain top choices, for me and what I'm going for... Some people like understated and others like pure mayhem...
Excuse my lack of knowledge on the topic of downpipes but what do you get out of them. Extra HP?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 04:44 PM   #5
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever34 View Post
Quote:

Excuse my lack of knowledge on the topic of downpipes but what do you get out of them. Extra HP?
Yes... Better flow, less restriction and lower DP's make the car louder but deeper... Just a smidge deeper, like the dude in some R&B group who just says a couple of words throughout the track but with a super deep voice? Lol...

Also makes the burbles, pops and whatnot louder... Problem is, I did eventuri shortly thereafter so I'm sure some of the increased volume is also from intakes...

There are performance gains as well and the lower DP's don't trigger a CEL...

Dyno + tune coming up shortly...

Edit - here's a link to AutoTalent and Keller pipes...

Auto Talent | Keller Performance Mid-Pipes & Downpipes https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1560228
Appreciate 1
Ever34324.50
      02-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #6
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes... Better flow, less restriction and lower DP's make the car louder but deeper... Just a smidge deeper, like the dude in some R&B group who just says a couple of words throughout the track but with a super deep voice? Lol...

Also makes the burbles, pops and whatnot louder... Problem is, I did eventuri shortly thereafter so I'm sure some of the increased volume is also from intakes...

Got it thanks. Thinking of the Eventuri also but if it makes the exhaust even louder not sure that would work for me . Love the intake sound though.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 05:50 PM   #7
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Got it thanks. Thinking of the Eventuri also but if it makes the exhaust even louder not sure that would work for me . Love the intake sound though.
Truthfully, it's more downpipes than intake - intake just brings in a bit more air flow...
Appreciate 0