F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Maintenance service
GetBMWParts

02-18-2019, 09:23 AM   #1
kalem4
Alderney
Rep
Drives: 420D m sport

Maintenance service

Hi all, just recently had my car serviced by the main dealership for oil and brake fluid service and showing 19000miles till next service on the I drive wich is fine, but what's puzzling is I'm now getting prompted in I drive for a maintenance service in a few months, does anyone know what a maintenance service entails
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 10:49 AM   #2
philiper1
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F21 M135i LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalem4 View Post
Hi all, just recently had my car serviced by the main dealership for oil and brake fluid service and showing 19000miles till next service on the I drive wich is fine, but what's puzzling is I'm now getting prompted in I drive for a maintenance service in a few months, does anyone know what a maintenance service entails
MOT maybe?
      02-18-2019, 10:51 AM   #3
Sasquartch
Major
Rep
Drives: 520i G30

Just look on the idrive, it'll tell you how long until the next item is due
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 11:07 AM   #4
jonesdg4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F33 - 2016 M-Sport 420d Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquartch View Post
If it's right! Local stealer did some work on my I drive and now it says I need a 2nd service - it's 3 years old in May and they didn't even remind me for my first service which was due last year apparently! So now I am a year late for a 1st service or a year early for a 2nd service. Also it's only done 15k
Say MOT is also due in 2020 (is actually due on 6-5-19)!!!!!!
They also quoted me £615 for the 2nd service compared to £380 from a local BMW Indy!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 11:12 AM   #5
A15X
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 430d M sport Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesdg4 View Post
If it's right! Local stealer did some work on my I drive and now it says I need a 2nd service - it's 3 years old in May and they didn't even remind me for my first service which was due last year apparently! So now I am a year late for a 1st service or a year early for a 2nd service. Also it's only done 15k
They also quoted me £615 for the 2nd service compared to £380 from a local BMW Indy!
I’ve had the same high quote for a glorified oil change from bmw I’m debating whether to contine getting it serviced at bmw or an independent.

Crazy thing is my wife’s countryman on their value servicing is impeccable value at £230 for an oil filter and brake fluid change go figure!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 11:13 AM   #6
philiper1
Colonel
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
So you missed the notification on the display that comes on everyday you start the car? For the teleservices, I had to give my dealer permission to contact me, they didn't call the 1st year (or I booked it in myself before they get the chance) but they called for the 2nd service
      02-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #7
jonesdg4
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by A15X View Post
Quote:
I’ve had the same high quote for a glorified oil change from bmw I’m debating whether to contine getting it serviced at bmw or an independent.

Crazy thing is my wife’s countryman on their value servicing is impeccable value at £230 for an oil filter and brake fluid change go figure!
My mate has a 5 litre jaguar xkr and the interim service on that at jaguar is £230 and a full service is £280. Think we are being taken for mugs!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 11:16 AM   #8
jonesdg4
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by philiper1 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
So you missed the notification on the display that comes on everyday you start the car? For the teleservices, I had to give my dealer permission to contact me, they didn't call the 1st year (or I booked it in myself before they get the chance) but they called for the 2nd service
That's my point. Due to them messing with my I drive it didn't tell me a service was due - only now for a brake fluid change. Until I went in to book and was told it had missed the first service
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 11:23 AM   #9
philiper1
Colonel
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's my point. Due to them messing with my I drive it didn't tell me a service was due - only now for a brake fluid change. Until I went in to book and was told it had missed the first service
That's piss poor then :
      02-18-2019, 11:27 AM   #10
jonesdg4
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's piss poor then :
Agreed!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 12:31 PM   #11
r1cey
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: VW Golf R

Quote:
Agreed!
The service interval is condition/time based whichever comes first, so surely the owner would enquire at two years old, if not “notified” by I-Drive?
Most think the condition/time based service is too long as it is, would hate to think what condition the oil was in at over 2.5 years old!!

P.S. The brake fluid change is 3 years from build date, not purchase date, as I’m sure are MOT and end of warranty check, so if not built to order, and stock, then could be weeks/months of a difference between build/registered date.

Last edited by r1cey; 02-18-2019 at 12:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #12
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1cey View Post
The service interval is condition/time based whichever comes first, so surely the owner would enquire at two years old, if not “notified” by I-Drive?
Most think the condition/time based service is too long as it is, would hate to think what condition the oil was in at over 2.5 years old!!

P.S. The brake fluid change is 3 years from build date, not purchase date, as I’m sure are MOT and end of warranty check, so if not built to order, and stock, then could be weeks/months of a difference between build/registered date.
That can't be right. It must be registration date surely? Some cars are built for stock and sit in yards for months, sometimes over a year. I've never heard of anyone needing an MOT or running out of warranty after 2 years of ownership.
Appreciate 0