F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Definitive position on ASD coding late model F3x models?
ARMA SPEED

02-01-2019, 06:00 PM   #1
Assassin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340d MHT xDrive

Definitive position on ASD coding late model F3x models?

The general concensus is that you have to have the pre-2015 version of the ASD software to be able to configure ASD in a late model F3x.

Has anyone experimented with amending the "Construction Stage" “Competition Paket” or “Country Variant” options in Expert Mode for 3000 ASD-Configuration to a previous year etc to see if that allows changes to be made?

Also, whilst it appears that the engine etc cannot be changed currently, can the volume of the current ASD output be changed via Expert Mode?

I have sucsessfully managed to make a few basic coding changes to my F31 335d so far. I do like to tinker about with stuff like this but would rather defer to someone with more expertise before trying to change any of these options with limited knowledge and brick something!
Help from a coding guru would be welcome.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 01:06 PM   #2
DriveS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
The general concensus is that you have to have the pre-2015 version of the ASD software to be able to configure ASD in a late model F3x.

Has anyone experimented with amending the "Construction Stage" “Competition Paket” or “Country Variant” options in Expert Mode for 3000 ASD-Configuration to a previous year etc to see if that allows changes to be made?

Also, whilst it appears that the engine etc cannot be changed currently, can the volume of the current ASD output be changed via Expert Mode?

I have sucsessfully managed to make a few basic coding changes to my F31 335d so far. I do like to tinker about with stuff like this but would rather defer to someone with more expertise before trying to change any of these options with limited knowledge and brick something!
Help from a coding guru would be welcome.
I have a pre-LCI. I experimented with quite a few of the settings just to see what would happen. The engine type and volume have the biggest effect. But some of the other setting also have an effect for example - if you set "Competition Paket" to on the sound inside the cabin is less and a slightly different tone. I expect this is because the competition pack is louder on the outside so inside noise needs to be adjusted.
Appreciate 0