BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Mud flaps for 530d M sports

01-28-2019, 12:30 PM   #1
kkunalguptaa
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30 530d M Sport, Bmw E89

Mud flaps for 530d M sports

Guys, I have a g30 530d M sports with all carbon accessories fitting and I want mud flaps too because all of the dirts goes inside rear diffuser and side skirt blades.

But my service centre is saying that mud flaps are only available for cars without M kit. Can you guys please help?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 12:24 AM   #2
Dephead2004
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

I have mudflaps on a non sport. They protect the side and under body but are not tall enough to prevent mud entering the air diverter blades at the front
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #3
kkunalguptaa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephead2004 View Post
I have mudflaps on a non sport. They protect the side and under body but are not tall enough to prevent mud entering the air diverter blades at the front
Quote:

Thankyou
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 09:08 PM   #4
PhillySteve
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540xi

Quote:
Has anyone purchased mud flaps for a 2019 540 MSport and if so, from where? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 04:56 AM   #5
Old Boy
Oberstabsgefreiter
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i xdrive

If I can piggy-back on this topic of G30 mud flaps, my Canadian BMW dealer's parts department tell me they can not find any OEM flaps for my 2019 M550i (no aero performance kit). I am not sure if that is really so in the States or in Europe as well.

Has anyone managed to get the right flaps for their G30 car, and if so, can you please share the BMW part number, or other identifier/source if it's not an OEM product.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 05:00 AM   #6
kkunalguptaa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Boy View Post
If I can piggy-back on this topic of G30 mud flaps, my Canadian BMW dealer's parts department tell me they can not find any OEM flaps for my M550i. I am not sure if that is really so in the States or in Europe as well.

Has anyone managed to get the right flaps for their G30 car, and if so, can you please share the BMW part number, or other identifier if it's not an OEM product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Boy View Post
If I can piggy-back on this topic of G30 mud flaps, my Canadian BMW dealer's parts department tell me they can not find any OEM flaps for my M550i. I am not sure if that is really so in the States or in Europe as well.

Has anyone managed to get the right flaps for their G30 car, and if so, can you please share the BMW part number, or other identifier if it's not an OEM product.

Not yet. I am still trying
Appreciate 1
Old Boy123.00
      01-01-2021, 07:05 PM   #7
dadonkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: M550i

Last winter I installed a set on my M550i (I ordered them from Aliexpress). They didn't go all the way up the fender and left the "speed holes" clear so the grit and snow that they end up collecting can be flushed out.

I believe the issue with the M cars is that they are lower, so BMW doesn't recommend using the standard flaps. Of course both of my fronts ended up breaking after a few months from going over speed bumps at parking lot speeds or just from the weight of the ice and snow that builds up. The rears are fine and I'm using them again this winter.

So this year I took things into my own hands and built my own for the front. First I made an aluminum bracket that uses three existing screws. Then I riveted a piece of soft rubber mud flap (cut out of one made for a semi) to the bracket.

See pictures below. Maybe next year I'll see if I can make a section that goes higher to further protect the fender and door, while still allowing the air vents to be flushed out.

Name:  flap1.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  189.4 KB

Name:  flap2.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  210.2 KB

Last edited by dadonkey; 01-01-2021 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: attached pictures
Appreciate 0