F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Adjust brightness range effected by dial? (reduce cluster and instrument brightness)
Studio RSR

01-26-2019, 06:38 PM   #1
beardsandbeers
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupe

Adjust brightness range effected by dial? (reduce cluster and instrument brightness)

In my VWAG days, some of the Audi models could be coded with VAG-COM to set minimum cluster brightness to 0, blacking out the cluster at minimum dial range. Is there any comparable setting accessible to Bimmercode to alter the light ranges for instrument lighting (NOT ambient, I know where that's located)?

I played with some of the Expert settings with MIN, DIMMUNG, AMBIENT, but not seeing anything that appeared to be effective, and didn't want to dive into some of the more nebulous sounding options without more insight.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 09:38 PM   #2
viajealmundo
Private
Rep
Drives: F32 428xi

Not sure how to do this but be careful in Expert mode. If you don't know what you're codingg, it's very easy to brick your ECU. Not fun...
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
beardsandbeers
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupe

For sure. I've gone down this route in VWAG world, conservative changes based on values that are observed, and only making educated guess changes to the values that seem to approximate the definition I'm looking for, but no luck so far. Entirely possible that it's just not an option, but we'll see. Probably won't explore this much further without a clear direction
Appreciate 0