BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-11-2019, 05:07 PM   #1
BikerNation
Rep
Drives: BMW

Ordering With NRF Tires

I would like to order the car with 19" NRF tires, in the US it looks like they would probably have to be switched out at the dealership. Has anyone done this, are dealerships OK with this? How is the cost handled, are you given credit for the RFT's that arrive with the car?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 05:25 PM   #2
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Most likely out of pocket +labor .

You could then try to sell your new tires on the forums or eBay/ Craigslist
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 05:32 PM   #3
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerNation View Post
I would like to order the car with 19" NRF tires, in the US it looks like they would probably have to be switched out at the dealership. Has anyone done this, are dealerships OK with this? How is the cost handled, are you given credit for the RFT's that arrive with the car?
I've done this several times before. It comes down to having a good relationship with your parts and sales dept. They gave me the parts dept cost on the tires. Which was a couple hundred less than what the set of tires actually costs if you went into a store and bought them. Then I went and bought the tires I wanted and paid the labor to put them on and pull the old ones off. Also this has to be done as soon as the new X5 arrives at the dealership because if you test drive with the tires on, they'll be more worn that just backing it off a truck.
      01-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #4
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Usually, after I pick up a new BMW, within a week or so I just buy a new set of "go-flats" and store the Rfts in the garage to put on to sell or trade it in with.

Im still trying to figure out which tires I want for my G05. Mostly I go with conti DWS and am very happy with them on cars, and they make them for 20", but I'm not sure about on my X5.