ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-16-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
FASTTOYS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi R8, X3M, XC60 R-Line

QUESTION on REMUS FOR Z4M coupe

Dose any one have a Remus on there z4 M? I want a mature sound no drone. What do you guys think?

SS is to loud unless you get power loop $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Burt I guess you like yours how is the drone?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 04:34 AM   #2
BurnouTT-M
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M/// Coupe

With the Remus you got no drone.

First I bought the Supersprint export version, sounds great but the drone was much to loud. Now I got the Remus and everything is fine...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 09:40 AM   #3
FASTTOYS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnouTT-M View Post
With the Remus you got no drone.

First I bought the Supersprint export version, sounds great but the drone was much to loud. Now I got the Remus and everything is fine...
Cool can you notice a better sound? is it louder? any info would be great thanks for your reply
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

I have had aftermarket exhausts on all my cars so my taste for volume is probably different than most. I think the SS is loud but not Harley loud by any means. You can make the exhaust drone but you can avoid it too for the most part. To be honest, you should find someone with a SS setup near you and check it out. Check out others too. video footage is mostly misleading. I am sure the Remus is a fine setup and sounds pretty tame if that is what you want.
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #5
FASTTOYS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Reynolds View Post
I have had aftermarket exhausts on all my cars so my taste for volume is probably different than most. I think the SS is loud but not Harley loud by any means. You can make the exhaust drone but you can avoid it too for the most part. To be honest, you should find someone with a SS setup near you and check it out. Check out others too. video footage is mostly misleading. I am sure the Remus is a fine setup and sounds pretty tame if that is what you want.
Thanks Burt

I like the power loop but for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the sound I am looking for is to $$
I was told the Remus is German aproved and they have crazy sound laws so the sound should be very mellow very close to stock. I guess i can remove the center section to help increase it if not happy.
I like the SS but it is loud and its hard to control the sound in certain RPM/drone at some cruising speed.

I have a Corsa on my Z06 vette great sound very loud but at cruise no sound no drone & you can control the noise with the throttle.
I called corsa & they said with my friends muffler shop in Dallas they can help us make a custom system to achive the same results as my Z06, It would be risking $$$ if it dosent work+ no guarentee what it will sound like.

UUC is having Corsa build their next gen exhaust system for e46M, M6, M5, new M3 .

Last edited by FASTTOYS; 07-18-2008 at 09:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 02:03 AM   #6
FASTTOYS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks

Last edited by FASTTOYS; 07-18-2008 at 02:05 AM.. Reason: posted
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 02:48 AM   #7
BurnouTT-M
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

I don't know if there are any differences between our german "supersprint export" version and the ones you get in the states but belive me the drone is horrible! Especially in a coupe...

Me and 4 guys I know bought the Supersprint for the m coupé and EVERYONE sold it until today (because of drone).
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #8
FASTTOYS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2008, 12:25 PM   #9
unionjack
Conceited Prick
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe previously

Garage List
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
Love my Remus. There is no drone.

AW/IR | Premium Package | Heated Seats | Navigation | Valentine One | Shorty Antenna | Black Kidney Surrounds
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #10
FASTTOYS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

THANKS

I bought the Remus will get it on Thursday, if not loud enough I will remove center
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 05:08 AM   #11
BurnouTT-M
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

The remus need some miles of driving until it sounds nice.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #12
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTTOYS View Post
I bought the Remus will get it on Thursday, if not loud enough I will remove center
congrats! you'll love it!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2008, 12:25 AM   #13
FASTTOYS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

WOW the install was a pain. I had to take it to my muffler shop to get it perfect. The back bracket on the exhaust has a brace that dosent allow enough room to fit, made some minor adjustments & its perfect. I had to drive to the exhaust shop without the exhaust istalled, wow that was very loud, not a good loud. VERY HAPPY
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #14
OH FO SHO
Captain
Rep
Drives: z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTTOYS View Post
WOW the install was a pain. I had to take it to my muffler shop to get it perfect. The back bracket on the exhaust has a brace that dosent allow enough room to fit, made some minor adjustments & its perfect. I had to drive to the exhaust shop without the exhaust istalled, wow that was very loud, not a good loud. VERY HAPPY
pics

-*MY PICTURE THREAD*-
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #15
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

What about the Rogue Engineering?
      07-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #16
FASTTOYS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I am happy with the exhaust, sound is much better than stock without any drone, it should get louder in the next few months. If you want it a little louder you can always change out the center X pipe & remove the resonator. I am having a special X being made for me that I can remove. my biggest complaint about the car it was to quite, you need a good sound from your sport cars.

I will take pictures this weekend i just dont know how to post. I had my 3rd brake light tinted & all reflectors to match the saf black, it looks great. The paint shop is a special high end shop in Dallas that works on cars for sema & high end motor cycle co. My friend had his black M6 reflectors & tail lights painted by the same co.
Appreciate 0