Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Scotty Kilmer gives BMW credit where credit is due

12-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #1
mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i / 2014 M235i

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Scotty Kilmer gives BMW credit where credit is due

Ok while it is not a raving review of the BMW brand, Scotty Kilmer finally gives BMW some much deserved credit. If you don't know him he is constantly pooing on every brand except Toyota and Honda.

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #2
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Been watching him for years out of entertainment's sake Lol.

His recent video on the evils of General Manure (Motors?) was spot on.
Appreciate 1
apascutia172.50
      12-15-2018, 01:24 PM   #3
mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Been watching him for years out of entertainment's sake Lol.

His recent video on the evils of General Manure (Motors?) was spot on.
Me as well, even though I know better to watch his videos, I keep watching them. I find he paints a brand with one paint brush even they have both good and unreliable models. I feel like he's generalized too much with BMW and Volvo both of which I've had outstanding experiences with, even better than my experience with Honda's. Yes his GM video was good
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 01:27 PM   #4
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecheng77 View Post
Me as well, even though I know better to watch his videos, I keep watching them. I find he paints a brand with one paint brush even they have both good and unreliable models. I feel like he's generalized too much with BMW and Volvo both of which I've had outstanding experiences with, even better than my experience with Honda's. Yes his GM video was good
He generalizes because it's good for business. He knows that his niche of followers are a bunch of cheapskates who drive the same shitty car for 10+ yrs. By crapping on the luxury makes he makes those viewers feel vindicated in their decisions.

We see it in politics, outspoken CEOs, celebrities, etc. all the time! Telling the masses of sheep what they wanna hear =
Appreciate 4
      12-15-2018, 08:42 PM   #5
mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
He generalizes because it's good for business. He knows that his niche of followers are a bunch of cheapskates who drive the same shitty car for 10+ yrs. By crapping on the luxury makes he makes those viewers feel vindicated in their decisions.

We see it in politics, outspoken CEOs, celebrities, etc. all the time! Telling the masses of sheep what they wanna hear =
Haha cheapskate is true. He recently bragged that he's only spent $6000 on all his car purchases for himself.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 03:41 AM   #6
ScottAndrew
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Me as well, even though I know better to watch his videos, I keep watching them. I find he paints a brand with one paint brush even they have both good and unreliable models.
Just the right sort of reinforcement for this forum, then .
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 06:51 AM   #7
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha cheapskate is true. He recently bragged that he's only spent $6000 on all his car purchases for himself.
Reverse snobs are as bad as standard snobs.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #8
mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[img]https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...ffvtfqupf4.jpg[/img]
No snobbery here but bragging about how cheap you are seems childish. I don't appreciate someone who takes the lazy approach of categorizing a product based on limited anecdotal evidence
Appreciate 0