Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_F36 View Post
did you get one? did you take it off?
Are you talking about those unforgivable forced advertising monstrosities they put on beautiful cars like the similar license plate frames? I request no such item is placed on my vehicle and generally debadge it as well. I don't care if people know I drive a 40i/50i or whatever, in fact I'd rather then not now. I wish BMW followed Porsche and had a factory no badge option.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 2
denniss391.50
      12-11-2018, 08:36 PM   #3
JayPichardo
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Are you talking about those unforgivable forced advertising monstrosities they put on beautiful cars like the similar license plate frames? I request no such item is placed on my vehicle and generally debadge it as well. I don't care if people know I drive a 40i/50i or whatever, in fact I'd rather then not now. I wish BMW followed Porsche and had a factory no badge option.
LOL we don't put dealer stickers on any BMW. As for the badges they are really easy to take off.

Top M Client Advisor in New England.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #4
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

The best way to avoid dealer stickers, badges or tags as well as have your new BMW delivered without swirls or marring = Performance Center Delivery in Greer, South Carolina.

Quote:
I request no such item is placed on my vehicle and generally debadge it as well. I don't care if people know I drive a 40i/50i or whatever, in fact I'd rather then not now. I wish BMW followed Porsche and had a factory no badge option.

BMW does offer a factory no badge option in the EU as well as at Plant Spartanburg, not avavilabke for the NA market.

Last edited by SCA; 12-11-2018 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 2
sygazelle11449.50
Wild Blue3683.50
      12-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #5
weiyin
Rep
Drives: X5 2019

I asked my dealer twice to not put their sticker on the car, but they did it anyway! They removed it when I went back, but the spot it was stuck on seems a bit less glossy than the rest of the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 09:13 PM   #6
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiyin View Post
I asked my dealer twice to not put their sticker on the car, but they did it anyway! They removed it when I went back, but the spot it was stuck on seems a bit less glossy than the rest of the car.
This is when you and the service manager inspect the area together and let them explain what transpired. I am too ocd to let that go.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #7
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
The best way to avoid dealer stickers, badges or tags as well as you BMW delivered without swirls or marring = Performance Center Delivery in Greer, South Carolina.

Quote:
I request no such item is placed on my vehicle and generally debadge it as well. I don't care if people know I drive a 40i/50i or whatever, in fact I'd rather then not now. I wish BMW followed Porsche and had a factory no badge option.

BMW does offer a factory no badge option in the EU as well as at Plant Spartanburg, not avavilabke for the NA market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_F36 View Post
Quote:
LOL we don't put dealer stickers on any BMW. As for the badges they are really easy to take off.
Good to hear! Not all dealers are as kind and slap their awful logo on everything, yes even Aston Martins/Bentleys I've seen have a dealer logo or sticker....

I opt for paint correction + coating of some sort (ceramic) because it gives you protection and perfect paint. When my 50i comes I'm not letting them wash it and I'm requesting to be there for PDI since I really don't trust dealers (I have reasons not to)
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 06:58 AM   #8
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Good to hear! Not all dealers are as kind and slap their awful logo on everything, yes even Aston Martins/Bentleys I've seen have a dealer logo or sticker....

I opt for paint correction + coating of some sort (ceramic) because it gives you protection and perfect paint. When my 50i comes I'm not letting them wash it and I'm requesting to be there for PDI since I really don't trust dealers (I have reasons not to)
^^^I have always done this with all vehicles. I am the only one to detail and wax my vehicles. I teach several courses in auto detailing in my PCA club. A proper dealer prep is o.k if they know what they are doing but most take shortcuts because that’s the way they were taught. Not everyone cares about this stuff but if you are a car guy, it matters a lot.
If your getting a black color you better be extra picky with who touches it.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #9
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:

^^^I have always done this with all vehicles. I am the only one to detail and wax my vehicles. I teach several courses in auto detailing in my PCA club. A proper dealer prep is o.k if they know what they are doing but most take shortcuts because that’s the way they were taught. Not everyone cares about this stuff but if you are a car guy, it matters a lot.
If your getting a black color you better be extra picky with who touches it.
Exactly, I'm getting paint correction + ceramic coating and PPF installed becuase I'm sure someone will not listen and mess it up. What bothers me more is when heavy set people sit ok the wide bolster and crease it. That's by far my biggest pet peeve because you can't fix the leather ...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 10:09 AM   #10
paul45
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
What bothers me more is when heavy set people sit ok the wide bolster and crease it. That's by far my biggest pet peeve because you can't fix the leather ...
A ~400 lb dealer gofer once drove my 7 series during service and broke the linkage to the bottom cushion thigh extender.
Fortunately, the dealer service dept. acknowledged the damage and repaired it at no cost, except for delay of 3 days in use of car.
Many of the service errand boys are extremely obese; and this pattern seems to be worsening!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #11
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Exactly, I'm getting paint correction + ceramic coating and PPF installed becuase I'm sure someone will not listen and mess it up. What bothers me more is when heavy set people sit ok the wide bolster and crease it. That's by far my biggest pet peeve because you can't fix the leather ...
Even my kids that are 9yr and 11yr old were properly taught how to get in and out of any auto. This means never ever stepping on the door sill or touching the glass or wood trim. Hands go on hand rest and arm rest. They can even get in the back of my C4S without their feet dragging on the front seats. Daddies cars have stricter rules than Moms car. I wash them all so.......
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 10:51 AM   #12
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
Even my kids that are 9yr and 11yr old were properly taught how to get in and out of any auto. This means never ever stepping on the door sill or touching the glass or wood trim. Hands go on hand rest and arm rest. They can even get in the back of my C4S without their feet dragging on the front seats. Daddies cars have stricter rules than Moms car. I wash them all so.......
Dealers don't care which is the issue. I don't have children therefore I don't have to worry about that At least they're learning young and will have more respect for vehicles as they get older
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 10:53 AM   #13
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul45 View Post
Quote:
What bothers me more is when heavy set people sit ok the wide bolster and crease it. That's by far my biggest pet peeve because you can't fix the leather ...
A ~400 lb dealer gofer once drove my 7 series during service and broke the linkage to the bottom cushion thigh extender.
Fortunately, the dealer service dept. acknowledged the damage and repaired it at no cost, except for delay of 3 days in use of car.
Many of the service errand boys are extremely obese; and this pattern seems to be worsening!
As someone who was very overweight at one point in my life (5'8" 139lbs now) I have no sympathy for people who choose to live that way. I'm glad they replaced it but I'd still insist on picking who gets to move the vehicle because no one wants a repeat incident.
Appreciate 0