BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > New member looking for some advice for track days

11-30-2018, 04:14 AM   #1
Gfarmer
Rep
Drives: Bmw m2

New member looking for some advice for track days

Hi I just got my m2 couple weeks ago but with bad weather I've hardly used it. I plan on trying to get out on track March next year or when the weather gets a bit better. I've come from a stage 3 mk7 golf r so m2 totally different, I've got a few things planned like new brake pads, lines and fluid and going to get a set of cup 2s for it. I'm planning on getting suspension set up so wondering what guys have had done ? Not wanting coils or springs but on my other post a few guys are saying about Camber plates etc or I'll scrub outside of my tyres to bits. I plan to keep this car kinda stock as I spent a fair bit on my old car so wanting a break from having such a modified car but happy to do a few changes to just go out an enjoy it on track.
      11-30-2018, 12:28 PM   #2
BirdsEye
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Sounds like you've got most of the mods covered to be honest! I've done a couple of trackdays with the car standard and it's OK. Needs better brakes and as you mentioned standard camber isn't enough really so you get shoulder wear. Still really good fun though so I wouldn't rule out doing a day as it is now so you can get a feel for what needs upgrading.

I've not yet modded mine (no point in this weather) but I'll be getting PFC08 pads and better fluid, along with GC camber plates. That should be a good compromise on a daily that will be tracked, but the Pagid RS29 is considered one of the best if you don't mind road use being a pain.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 12:41 PM   #3
Gfarmer
Rep
Drives: Bmw m2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsEye View Post
Sounds like you've got most of the mods covered to be honest! I've done a couple of trackdays with the car standard and it's OK. Needs better brakes and as you mentioned standard camber isn't enough really so you get shoulder wear. Still really good fun though so I wouldn't rule out doing a day as it is now so you can get a feel for what needs upgrading.

I've not yet modded mine (no point in this weather) but I'll be getting PFC08 pads and better fluid, along with GC camber plates. That should be a good compromise on a daily that will be tracked, but the Pagid RS29 is considered one of the best if you don't mind road use being a pain.
Do you know uk supplier for the gc camber plates ? I had they pads in my golf as I had a AP Racing brake kit up front and I had integrated engineering top mounts on my coils. the top mounts knocked and pads rattled 😂 so slight noises don't bother me much. I'll prob just swap pads back if it's bad then swap back for a track day. I thought about going up to knockhill with how it is to see what like as I'll be a while getting used to it.
      12-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #4
BirdsEye
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Sorry I don't use this forum often but as no-one has replied I better had! Haha...

Apologies, not sure on GC camber plates from I know you can buy Millway Motorsports top mounts from Hack Engineering who have a good rep. There aren't many reviews on them so unsure how bad the road noise would be!

Re pads - swapping pads isn't a bad idea tbh as it's very easy to do on our cars. Again though standard pads are ok but not sure what Knockhill is like for braking.
Appreciate 0