BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
Tony
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

I was pulling away from the last gen 550i non M

During a trip to "Mexico" a 550i darted out in front of me. I knew that a tight on-ramp turn was coming up so I said to myself "lets see how good you (550i) can corner?" he saw me coming up from behind so he gassed it and took the turn at what he thought was breakneck speed. I passed him on the outside. He couldn't drive for crap. The speed he was talking that bend at in the dry is about the speed that I could take in the wet. Probably one of those "Low center of gravity, SUV's are too tall for cornering" Dummies.

Anyway he didn't have enough. So he pulled up behind my and rode my tail. Car in front of me moved. I gassed it which isn't really fair. He reacted fast but even with evenly matched cars, that jump is enough for one car to pull away noticeably. I pulled about 6 cars real fast and about another 6 cars while he was trying to catch up. All of this in mexico of course
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2018, 09:40 PM   #2
GT500R
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M

They have good traps in the 1/4 (equates to good roll racing), was surprised to hear you pull ahead by 6 cars on a stock vehicle.

But a win is a win!
Appreciate 0