BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    Eibach Springs Fitted

11-02-2018, 02:47 AM   #1
Arjgt3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90

Eibach Springs Fitted

Many thanks to Imran and Paul at Evolve in the UK for getting me these Eibach lowering springs for the F90 as quickly as possible.

Love these springs, the ride quality is every bit as good as stock. And I love the drop for me personally as I don’t want the car slammed to the floor.

Highly recommended👍👍
Attached Images

‘10 R35 GTR
‘01 R34 Skyline GTR V-Spec 2
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 05:33 AM   #2
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Looking really good!
      11-02-2018, 08:40 AM   #3
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Looks good.
Eibach NA need to be reconstructed.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 03:57 AM   #4
Arjgt3
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks guys. Just a quick update:

Have been driving on these Eibach springs for a day or so now and absolutely love them. They seem to have transformed not only the way the car looks (utterly gorgeous) but the way it drives as well. Strangely steering feel seems much improved, which is odd, but very welcome anyway. It feels like there’s more feedback for some reason or another.

The driving position with the lowered front is better and the car seems to waft about less and feels more planted. But the ride quality on the Eibach is wonderfully stock-like and supple, not hard and jarring as I feared.

The caveat being that I’ve never tried the H&R lowered spring option, but the Eibach seems a bargain for what they cost. Installation of the front pair of springs is relatively straight forward. It’s the rears that are tricky and will require some 4-6 hours of work depending on the experience of your installation guys. A lot of the interior has to come out to fit the rear springs to the stock shocks.

And here’s a piece of advice, double check the shock sensors and wiring is clipped back properly before reinstalling the interior bits you’ve taken out to access the rear shocks. Or you’ll have to through the whole rigmarole all over again to trace an improperly secured socket.

The car must be realigned after the spring installation back to the standard F90 manufacturer’s specification as the parameters will run out of spec after the install, but it’s a 45 minute job at maximum with a competent alignment shop with the proper alignment tools.

Overall I’m so Glad that I went with these Eibach springs as the ride height is perfect (for me) and the car looks as it should have when it left the factory.

For those of you who like the “slammed” look where there’s virtually no GAP between the front and rear tyres and the fenders, I think you should go for the H&R M550i lowering spring option or the KW full coil over dampers.

Either way, with Eibach or H&R, it’s a step in the right direction. However, the labour charge to fit the springs and align them will probably cost more than the springs themselves.

Once again many thanks to Imran & Paul at Evolve in the UK for the superb service and for getting me the springs (to Singapore) within 5 days of ordering them 👍👍👍👍👍
‘10 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 12:09 PM   #5
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjgt3 View Post
Thanks guys. Just a quick update:

Have been driving on these Eibach springs for a day or so now and absolutely love them. They seem to have transformed not only the way the car looks (utterly gorgeous) but the way it drives as well. Strangely steering feel seems much improved, which is odd, but very welcome anyway. It feels like there’s more feedback for some reason or another.

The driving position with the lowered front is better and the car seems to waft about less and feels more planted. But the ride quality on the Eibach is wonderfully stock-like and supple, not hard and jarring as I feared.

The caveat being that I’ve never tried the H&R lowered spring option, but the Eibach seems a bargain for what they cost. Installation of the front pair of springs is relatively straight forward. It’s the rears that are tricky and will require some 4-6 hours of work depending on the experience of your installation guys. A lot of the interior has to come out to fit the rear springs to the stock shocks.

And here’s a piece of advice, double check the shock sensors and wiring is clipped back properly before reinstalling the interior bits you’ve taken out to access the rear shocks. Or you’ll have to through the whole rigmarole all over again to trace an improperly secured socket.

The car must be realigned after the spring installation back to the standard F90 manufacturer’s specification as the parameters will run out of spec after the install, but it’s a 45 minute job at maximum with a competent alignment shop with the proper alignment tools.

Overall I’m so Glad that I went with these Eibach springs as the ride height is perfect (for me) and the car looks as it should have when it left the factory.

For those of you who like the “slammed” look where there’s virtually no GAP between the front and rear tyres and the fenders, I think you should go for the H&R M550i lowering spring option or the KW full coil over dampers.

Either way, with Eibach or H&R, it’s a step in the right direction. However, the labour charge to fit the springs and align them will probably cost more than the springs themselves.

Once again many thanks to Imran & Paul at Evolve in the UK for the superb service and for getting me the springs (to Singapore) within 5 days of ordering them 👍👍👍👍👍
Awesome review. Can you tell us the part number for your springs ?

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 09:54 PM   #6
Arjgt3
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Yes I can. Have a look at the picture attached. All the information is right there 👍

Cheers!
Attached Images

‘10 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 02:04 PM   #7
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjgt3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Yes I can. Have a look at the picture attached. All the information is right there 👍

Cheers!
Perfect. Thanks a lot.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 04:03 PM   #8
GUNGASLOW
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Do the stickers come with the springs?
Appreciate 0