THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums USA - California 2015 F22 Exhaust Questions

09-16-2018, 02:08 PM   #1
RocketF22
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i - 6SPD

2015 F22 Exhaust Questions

Hey other 2 series owners. I've been looking into exhaust systems lately and I've fallen in love with the MPE. I know my car is an m235i and came with stainless steel M engraved tips, but I'm not sure it has the MPE. Also, is the MPE just the muffler? or is it the whole system? Does anybody have any pictures of both stock oem and mpe? either the whole system or just muffler? I'm a brand new BMW owner and this is all really confusing to me. I usually just have my guy fit a custom exhaust.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #2
Funwithdesign
Arsevader
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketF22 View Post
Hey other 2 series owners. I've been looking into exhaust systems lately and I've fallen in love with the MPE. I know my car is an m235i and came with stainless steel M engraved tips, but I'm not sure it has the MPE. Also, is the MPE just the muffler? or is it the whole system? Does anybody have any pictures of both stock oem and mpe? either the whole system or just muffler? I'm a brand new BMW owner and this is all really confusing to me. I usually just have my guy fit a custom exhaust.

Thanks.
I posted in your other thread but to answer your question, the MPE is axle back which is why I suspect yours in the MPE as your mid pipe has been cut and the muffler on there has the clamp. The stock exhaust is all one piece to the cat.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 08:44 PM   #3
RocketF22
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funwithdesign View Post
Quote:

Thanks.
I posted in your other thread but to answer your question, the MPE is axle back which is why I suspect yours in the MPE as your mid pipe has been cut and the muffler on there has the clamp. The stock exhaust is all one piece to the cat.
where would the part number be located? on the muffler? or pipe under the car?
      09-16-2018, 08:59 PM   #4
Funwithdesign
Arsevader
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
On the muffler.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 09:32 PM   #5
RocketF22
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funwithdesign View Post
Quote:
On the muffler.
ok. I'll have to check in the morning. but after looking at those pictures, it looks like I do have the mpe. but why isnt ig as loud as I've heard on say youtube?