2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Software update f10 2010

09-05-2018, 03:12 PM   #1
jordinho
Rep
Drives: bmw 520d

Software update f10 2010

Hi guys. Is there a way of updating my software? I don't have this option(software update) inside car's settings. Newer model has... thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 09:45 PM   #2
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

There are ways, but what is your goal?
It won't give you anything new.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 12:48 AM   #3
jordinho
Rep
Drives: bmw 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcr3d View Post
There are ways, but what is your goal?
It won't give you anything new.
My multimedia - saved disks - are not starting anymore. Cd is always playing games also - working or not. All this is software related malfunctioning. So, i think, best option would be a fresh new software.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 05:55 PM   #4
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

I would not agree that those symptoms are software.
That is just based on what little info you have given.
The CD player has very little software interaction.
The saved discs would need more info.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2018, 10:14 PM   #5
AussieBob
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 F10 "M5"

June 2010 F10 and the Music Collection software is a complete failure of a BMW product.

1.The play-back of my glove-box USB uploaded files work, they do work, so the system does work, but randomly the system gets lost and the play-back no longer works. The display still works fine, switching mode to Radio works but go back to the Music Collection and it is frozen. The only way to solve it is to do the forced hardware-reset with the volume knob and most times it works again from the last ignition turned-off song, but not always, so repeat, repeat ...

2. The CD ripping from the front centre console DVD/CD player occasionally starts corrupting the last few tracks on CDs with around 20 or more songs. The CD works on the other players, rear centre console, glove-box stacker and the front console as well and in my house and my other BMWs 2013, 1994 Alpine after-market system, but as I said the stupid f'en BMW software starts to corrupt the converted track into just jumbled noise. Try and try again after deleting the corrupted tracks and you get different corruptions and results. Try using any and all user input button iDrive options and eventually the BMW product software gets it right.

These 2 things are driving me nuts.

3. The rear entertainment DVD/CD player when DVDs are played over the in-car speakers the sound is very very low in volume so you have to turn the volume up really high, using the rear remote-control of course. No problem, BUT when the DVD finishes or stops the system automatically switches to the radio and my ears get almost perforated by the extreme volume of the radio, not to mention what it is doing to the car speakers.

I can live with number 3, that is don't use the BMW rear entertainment $y$tem, but all these 3 things must be addressed in software fixes. The 2013 system with the updated user-interface on the wife's X3 works perfectly.

So if any one can answer the question from the first post from jordinho, I am all ears.

Note: BMW who own the product just refer you to the Dealers, the Dealers don't have a clue and they said all they can do is what BMW tells them to do, which the Service Manager said, we can just do a full system software update and even that has no guarantee of fixing the problems for you. Great response, but I gave up on BMW and their $tealer networks decades ago.

Last edited by AussieBob; 09-26-2018 at 10:28 PM..
Appreciate 0