BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board    Zeitgeist

06-30-2008, 12:59 AM   #1
Robertbog
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Zeitgeist

Pretty interesting, some of it is a little too NWO for me, and a lot of the 9/11 shit can be proved crap (but they still won it over).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...43189197&hl=en

ive youve seen it feel free to comment, if you dont watch the full thing, dont bother to comment.

You cant comment on what you dont view.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 04:00 AM   #2
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

prior to viewing zeitgeist i was a fairly devout catholic and i believed the government had its citizens best interest in mind. since then, i havent been to church and i stopped saying the pledge of allegiance (while i was still in highschool). dont give me any of that 'youre influenced too easily by omg-type facts' bullshit. my faith was rocky before watching the film and i was never really a super-patriotic american. dont get me wrong, im proud to be an american (lol). i mean, im first generation in the history of either side of my family, but ive had some issues with how things are run. i believe everyone should watch this film, it provokes though and demands the viewer to think critically - things which the majority of todays society has forgotten how to do.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Several threads on this movie.

First:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ight=zeitgeist
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
Robertbog
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
prior to viewing zeitgeist i was a fairly devout catholic and i believed the government had its citizens best interest in mind. since then, i havent been to church and i stopped saying the pledge of allegiance (while i was still in highschool). dont give me any of that 'youre influenced too easily by omg-type facts' bullshit. my faith was rocky before watching the film and i was never really a super-patriotic american. dont get me wrong, im proud to be an american (lol). i mean, im first generation in the history of either side of my family, but ive had some issues with how things are run. i believe everyone should watch this film, it provokes though and demands the viewer to think critically - things which the majority of todays society has forgotten how to do.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?...8&sa=N&tab=wv#

That one will rock you then. A lot of it is assumed, but there are some obvious facts straight from the horses mouths on that one. Plus an interesting conclusion at the end.

I did a bit of research on the Council of Foreign Relations and Rockefeller before I saw this one, because I saw Obama admit he spoke at the CFR a few times. Pretty crazy, livin in cookoo land.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #5
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals

Last edited by Neema; 11-26-2009 at 05:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #6
aut0sh0cker
meh
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997.2 C4S

im about 30 min into it, and im not convinced yet... maybe its broken?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 12:39 AM   #7
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

It's pure visual garbage. Part one had some interesting things to say, but I just had a creepy feeling it was going to go south quick, and sure enough, Part II hits you with MORE 9/11 CONSPIRACY TRIPE. It's garbage people. These theory's have been debunked over and over, and yet they persist. This shit is gearing up to be our generations "We never landed on the moon" etc... Jesus, if you believe this, I've got a Bigfoot hunting license to sell you for the fall open hunt.

The fact that this video even takes scenes from the "loose change" video should qualify basically everything it has to say as suspect. It's filled with conjecture, out of context quotation, and pure fiction. OUR GOVERNMENT DID NOT DECIMATE THE WORLD TRADE CENTER TO START A WAR!

These people who made this and the "loose change" video should be ashamed of themselves. They disrespect and capitalize on every single person who lost or even thought of losing one of their loved ones that day. Are we so egotistical that we cannot admit that a foreign power (or organization) got the best of us? Can we not accept that we were caught with our pants down? Are we in such a state of faith in American dominance that we believe the only people capable of killing Americans, is ourselves?

I don't know why this stuff makes me so mad. It just does. I'm a registered Democrat, and am extremely unhappy with the Bush administration's handling of basically everything. And as angry as I am with his administration, I still can't swallow this crap. I don't recommend you waste your time on this video. Unless you are researching it for a study or a term paper. Pure, unadulterated fear mongering. They should be ashamed.

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 02:27 AM   #8
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
I downloaded it couple of weeks ago, but still haven't watched it

I guess i am already a little skeptical about it since i see people talking about 9/11 conspiracy theories, which i do not believe into.

I'll probably watch it in a couple of days. Will report then
      09-21-2008, 02:58 AM   #9
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

it's quite funny how the film criticize those who blindly follow the masses without attempting to personally figure out what is going on, yet that is exactly what the followers and supporters of this film are doing. how many people who subscribe to this extrapolation have actually done their own research? most of these theories and stories have been around since most of you were babies and it hasn't happened yet, so yeah. most of you were probably too young to remember, but everyone thought this RFID (google "digital angel") shit was going to happen at Y2K. yeah, anyways.... that's all.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #10
Nebo335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i JB3 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2006 View Post
It's pure visual garbage. Part one had some interesting things to say, but I just had a creepy feeling it was going to go south quick, and sure enough, Part II hits you with MORE 9/11 CONSPIRACY TRIPE. It's garbage people. These theory's have been debunked over and over, and yet they persist. This shit is gearing up to be our generations "We never landed on the moon" etc... Jesus, if you believe this, I've got a Bigfoot hunting license to sell you for the fall open hunt.

The fact that this video even takes scenes from the "loose change" video should qualify basically everything it has to say as suspect. It's filled with conjecture, out of context quotation, and pure fiction. OUR GOVERNMENT DID NOT DECIMATE THE WORLD TRADE CENTER TO START A WAR!

These people who made this and the "loose change" video should be ashamed of themselves. They disrespect and capitalize on every single person who lost or even thought of losing one of their loved ones that day. Are we so egotistical that we cannot admit that a foreign power (or organization) got the best of us? Can we not accept that we were caught with our pants down? Are we in such a state of faith in American dominance that we believe the only people capable of killing Americans, is ourselves?

I don't know why this stuff makes me so mad. It just does. I'm a registered Democrat, and am extremely unhappy with the Bush administration's handling of basically everything. And as angry as I am with his administration, I still can't swallow this crap. I don't recommend you waste your time on this video. Unless you are researching it for a study or a term paper. Pure, unadulterated fear mongering. They should be ashamed.

-BMW2006

Zeigiest isn't the be all and all to what is really going, however it makes you think about what the hell is really going on. Before you critique this movie do your research on the topics presented in this movie. I've seen this movie about six months ago and researched some of the topics and the shit that is going on as we speak is extremely unsettling not just this country but the world period.

I know this movie will be a touchy subject for a lot of people but I must say Zeigiest didn't even touch the surface on what is really going on, however on the other hand, there is also a lot of fluff in the movie.

If you think our government didn't have anything to do with 9/11 then do your research on this as well. There have been a lot of changes to some of our constitutional rights because of the so called "war on terror" , one key thing that I will present to you is PDD51, or NSPD-51, National Security Presidential Directive 51 which the Bush administration had fought to get passed after 9/11 and which was put into law in 2007. This gave Bush and the Presidents after him the full power to declare Marshal Law without the consent of congress. There are also a whole host of other things like the secret talks about the NAU or the North American Union (2005 or so), which is the merging of Canada, United States and Mexico and having one currency called the Amero.
In fact Lou Dobbs from CNN talks about the NAU, I believe a year ago.

The truth of the matter is that all of us need to dig for real information, STOP settling for half truths and lies by the media and this puppet government. Also if you are one of those people that think the media tells the truth and that there on our side then look up the "Bilderberg Group". The facts are there people, this is not like a sighting of big foot or the Loc Ness monster. Whether you believe anything I say or not the facts are there for you, staring you in the face. Also check out the documentary called "Endgame" its a lot better than Zeigeist, but again do your research on the topics on that movie as well. You will be stunned on what you will find.
      09-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #11
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

the "North American Union" is a prosperity agreement between the three nations based on trade, somewhat like NAFTA, but better because NAFTA is fucking garbage. you think the United States is going allow ourselves to have a new currency with Canada and Mexico? They don't have an economy. It is inconceivable that the US dollar would ever be on par with the peso. It simply won't happen. You are watching globalization before your eyes, embrace it... because it's only going to continue manifesting itself in much greater breadth.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #12
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebo335 View Post
Zeigiest isn't the be all and all to what is really going, however it makes you think about what the hell is really going on. Before you critique this movie do your research on the topics presented in this movie. I've seen this movie about six months ago and researched some of the topics and the shit that is going on as we speak is extremely unsettling not just this country but the world period.

I know this movie will be a touchy subject for a lot of people but I must say Zeigiest didn't even touch the surface on what is really going on, however on the other hand, there is also a lot of fluff in the movie.

If you think our government didn't have anything to do with 9/11 then do your research on this as well. There have been a lot of changes to some of our constitutional rights because of the so called "war on terror" , one key thing that I will present to you is PDD51, or NSPD-51, National Security Presidential Directive 51 which the Bush administration had fought to get passed after 9/11 and which was put into law in 2007. This gave Bush and the Presidents after him the full power to declare Marshal Law without the consent of congress. There are also a whole host of other things like the secret talks about the NAU or the North American Union (2005 or so), which is the merging of Canada, United States and Mexico and having one currency called the Amero.
In fact Lou Dobbs from CNN talks about the NAU, I believe a year ago.

The truth of the matter is that all of us need to dig for real information, STOP settling for half truths and lies by the media and this puppet government. Also if you are one of those people that think the media tells the truth and that there on our side then look up the "Bilderberg Group". The facts are there people, this is not like a sighting of big foot or the Loc Ness monster. Whether you believe anything I say or not the facts are there for you, staring you in the face. Also check out the documentary called "Endgame" its a lot better than Zeigeist, but again do your research on the topics on that movie as well. You will be stunned on what you will find.
What makes you think I haven't done any research? I'll admit that I haven't seen this zeitgeist movie until yesterday. It only took about 5 minutes of online research to uncover this web site. http://www.conspiracyscience.com/articles/zeitgeist/ which is a multi-page, REFERENCED article debunking basically everything this movie had to say.

I saw the "loose change" movie a couple of years ago, and as embarrassing as it is to admit this, I bought in to much of what it was saying. I took it upon myself to dig deeper, and ultimately came to one of the hardest conclusions of my life (at least in the sense of being an educated person). That I was a complete and utter fool for believing any of it.

I'm glad to see you don't immediately believe everything the media tells us/you. That is a very important first step. The next one is to realize that you've been fed more media spin and half-truths. Come back into the light of reason.

The older I get, the harder it is for me to take anything people tell me at "face value". However, these people take this to the extreme and out of angst for our government, sheer manipulative intent, or just plain old misguided enthusiasm try to tell us about some great conspiracy that just doesn't exist. This movie has some amazingly grandiose claims, I'm not even sure why it's one movie and not three separate ones.

I'm not going to re-quote the entire debunking article. But after doing 20 minutes of research on part II... The references are somewhat lacking... Here is a list of the references from Zeitgeists OWN web page...

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/sources.htm

Footage from “911, The Myth and The Reality”
Courtesy of Ken Becker | All Rights Reserved

Footage from “The Truth and Lies of 9-11”
by Michael Ruppert | All Rights Reserved

Footage from “Loose Change, 2nd Edition”
by Dylan Avery | All Rights Reserved

Footage from “Improbable Collapse”
by Michael Berger | All Rights Reserved

Footage from “911 Mysteries”
Courtesy of Sofia | All Rights Reserved

Footage from “September 11th Revisited”
by Dustin Mugford | All Rights Reserved

Footage from “Painful Deceptions”
by Eric Hufschmid | All Rights Reserved

Footage from “What Really Happened on 9/11?”
by William Rodriguez | All Rights Reserved

Footage from “911 The Great Conspiracy”
by Barrie Zwicker | All Rights Reserved

Footage from “911: Press For Truth”
Courtesy of Ray Nowosielski | All Rights Reserved

Footage from “TerrorStorm” / “Martial Law 9/11:
Rise of the Police State” / "The Road To Tyranny”
Courtesy of Alex Jones | All Rights Reserved

Footage from “The Greatest Lie Ever Sold”
Courtesy of Anthony J. Hilder & Jordan Maxwell | All Rights Reserved

Footage from “Confronting the Evidence”
by Jimmy Walter | All Rights Reserved

Information Sources

Ruppert, Michael
"Crossing the Rubicon"
New Society Publishing

Griffin, David Ray
"The New Pearl Harbor"
Interlink Publishing

Griffin, David Ray
"Debunking 9/11 Debunking"
Olive Branch Press Publishing

Tarpley, Webster
"9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA"
Progressive Press Publishing

Griffin, David Ray
"The 9/11 Commission Report- Omissions And Distortions"
Olive Branch Press Publishing

Marrs, Jim
"The Terror Conspiracy: Deception, 9/11 and the Loss of Liberty"
Disinformation Company Publishing

If the fact that the overwhelming majority of them are just footage clips doesn't raise your eyebrows, we can look at the informational references... there are a total of 6 of them... with 3!!! books all from the same person. So in a film clip which lasts over 30 minutes in length, that claims a massive conspiracy that our own government put on to orchestrate 9/11, they cite a total of 4 people as their experts. Let me restate that for emphasis... they (meaning the filmmakers) are trying to expose one of the greatest cover ups, mass deceptions, and conspiracies in all of human history... they are refuting claims from thousands of witnesses, engineers, military and ex-military personnel, experts, and the 9/11 commission report itself (which is over 400 pages long) and they come armed with the writings of 4 people?

Keep in mind that during this clip the filmmakers throw out numerous accusations from our own government planting demolitions in the WTC building 7, and countless other claims listed here... http://www.conspiracyscience.com/art...eist/part-two/ After researching each of these authors, they are all fellow conspiracy theorists and most, if not all, are part of the 9/11 "Truth" movement. I won't re-post their biographies here, but most have extremely lean published credentials prior their 9/11 conspiracy books. Jim Marrs, published two books about aliens, and one about the Kennedy assassination before taking on 9/11. Michael Ruppert has none, not a single published credential prior to the subject of 9/11.

The most accredited of the bunch is David Ray Griffin, who had been a long time academic and published 3 books prior to 9/11.... He received his PhD in 1970, wrote 3 books from 1976 to 2004. Which is when he published his first 9/11 book. He has published 7!!! books since, with only one not covering 9/11 conspiracy or an aspect of it. So... he takes 28 years to write 3 books as a full time academic on such mundane topics as process theology, but only 4 to write over twice as much as the preceding 28 years of his career combined! I'll admit that conspiracy theory books that may implicate our own government in a massive cover up that would never be forgotten if it were exposed is a hell of a lot more interesting than a book in say, process theology, which I don't understand even though I've read the wiki entry twice.

I'll admit it's suspect to quote Wikipedia at all. However I am only taking non disputable facts from it (the books, subject matter, and when they were published, I am not disputing the exact arguments contained in them) as I could find little information about them elsewhere.

In conclusion, I beg you to consider the fact that many things that happen in human history are a lot more dull and "matter of fact" than we may want them to be. I don't know why it's so unthinkable that 19 motivated and funded young fanatics were able to hijack our commercial airliners and fly them into some of the icons of Western Civilization and the United States. In retrospect, the 9/11 plan was relatively simple. Which is probably why it worked. Massive cover-ups and conspiracies will never work because people are people, and people talk, even about the stuff they are not supposed to. It would never work.

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #13
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Damn, I'm so fking pissed at those of you who are ignorant of our moronic government. I'm an economics major and have gone and read several books that pertain to our country's history. I thank those of you who have backed up the evidence from these videos.

All I'm going to say regarding 9/11 is look @ the fucking Pentagon, The Pinnacle of United States Military/technology HOW THE FUCK DO you run a plane into the pentagon w/out alerting 10 F-16s?? It is a fucking military hostel for crying out loud, the top defense system in the world. They fucking track every little fly that passes around it. So tell me, all of you, why the hell did the pentagon only release 5 frames of images when it is monitored 24/7/365 yearly....?? and why was the roof still intact after the impact if an aircraft hit it? I was asking these questions way before any of these movies came out...

w/e enough said of that....going back to our country's history. We've been in this game of taking out 3rd world countries and scamming them for centuries. Just look at the native americans....it is in our country's roots....I'm pro-america if anyone says anything about us, but about the internals of country, there is alot to improve...

Quote:
In conclusion, I beg you to consider the fact that many things that happen in human history are a lot more dull and "matter of fact" than we may want them to be. I don't know why it's so unthinkable that 19 motivated and funded young fanatics were able to hijack our commercial airliners and fly them into some of the icons of Western Civilization and the United States. In retrospect, the 9/11 plan was relatively simple. Which is probably why it worked. Massive cover-ups and conspiracies will never work because people are people, and people talk, even about the stuff they are not supposed to. It would never work.
what is sad is more than half of these "hijackers" were no where near the U.S. and they wrote to the paper stating they were alive/well/ NOT terrorists...but rather studying in school....

funny how the manipulative the media can be? Oh yeah, how'd a passport fly out of a jetliner that incinerated on impact? weird....guess it's just luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #14
Nebo335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i JB3 6spd

[QUOTE=darkphantom;3357831]Damn, I'm so fking pissed at those of you who are ignorant of our moronic government. I'm an economics major and have gone and read several books that pertain to our country's history. I thank those of you who have backed up the evidence from these videos.

Dark Phantom, people will know the truth when its to late but what really gets me pissed is that those same people will be so surprised that things are falling apart all around them, when they had all the information right in front of they're eyes this whole time. Which is quite sad to say the least.

Zeitgeist is a documentary to wake people up about what is going on and will take place in the next 3 years or so. People must realize that there is a handful of people in this world that will do ANYTHING to gain absolute power. If you don't believe this is true, then why throughout human history, do the wealthiest (not just rich but wealthy) 2% always control the rest of the 98% of the population. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!!!! because we the 98% let it happen and what is coming will be a new adjustment of the 2% to maintain a very tight grip on all of us.