BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
Q-Tip
Living The Dream
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08, M3, Sedan, Alpine, Fox,

oil change

Here is a new one, maybe! I took the M3 in at 950 miles for the service because i was going to take a 4oo mile trip. they keep it all day. drove the car for another 1000 miles when someone aslk to see under the hood. I say sure, big smile. then I see oil all over the fill area and oil blow back form a loose cap. After that went into the car to check oil and it was overfilled and still showing to much oil. Bought it from a dealer at home got the oil change on the road two states away. After calling my dealer they told me not to drive the car and have the other dealer send a truck to pick it up. they did. all seems good but has anyone heard of problems with too much oil? Think i am going to tkae back home to the original dealer and let them check it over.
thanks in advance for any advice.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #2
alpineweissM3
I love my beautiful wife!
Rep
Drives: e90 ///M

This is why I hate going to the dealer for anything.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #3
RealSanaii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Tip View Post
Here is a new one, maybe! I took the M3 in at 950 miles for the service because i was going to take a 4oo mile trip. they keep it all day. drove the car for another 1000 miles when someone aslk to see under the hood. I say sure, big smile. then I see oil all over the fill area and oil blow back form a loose cap. After that went into the car to check oil and it was overfilled and still showing to much oil. Bought it from a dealer at home got the oil change on the road two states away. After calling my dealer they told me not to drive the car and have the other dealer send a truck to pick it up. they did. all seems good but has anyone heard of problems with too much oil? Think i am going to tkae back home to the original dealer and let them check it over.
thanks in advance for any advice.
Sorry to hear.

I had the same experience with my old car, Audi A4, and dealer forgot to drain the old oil all the way so they of course overfilled the oil. Smoke was coming out so badly that I thought the car was on fire.
      06-29-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Bummer man...hope it turns out okay.
Appreciate 0